My Birthday Special Offerings

A very Happy Birthday from Corn Patch, Mrs. Martino!! Ruth says Happy Birthday, too.

Ray---That Katunje is freakin' SPECIAL I tell you! No one, but no one touches mine. In fact, ol' Santy Claus was laid out onna floor last Christmas when he tried to look at mine while Rudolph an' me sucked down a couple of brewskis! The story about going through that big honkin' Nepali earthquake is true. We thought they was gone forever. Mine had a dent in the handle cap, but that was repaired quickly. I absolutely love my little Yangdu (had her name engraved on the blade) and DON'T YOU DARE believe what Bawanna is suggesting to you about me having the 2nd best Curved Spine. That lyin' skonk cain't tell my world's bestest Curved Spine from a limp noodle!! And he THINKS, only THINKS I'ma tellin' you, that his is the top dawg! Bah! Humbug! You gonna like that Katunje and you'll then realize theys two kinds of people inna world. Them that wants a Katunje and us that got one! Let'em eat cake, I tell ya!

Happy Birthday Aunti! Hope you have a great one. Its my sons birthday today too.

OK OK - I'll bite. EMS for "11.5 inch 12 ounce my special Katunje Knife by Anil. Horn handle. $75."

... [/I]
Grats Ray! That is a sweeter knife than pictures can show. Awesome size too. Nice that it comes with Chakma, Karda and sheath. Its a full set ready to go and for that price!:thumbup:

I don't know of any single word for the forge finish, but a couple of HI models usually come that way: the Tamang Knife and the KLVUK (or just VUK, which stands for Villager Utility Knife). If you want a WWII model with forging scales left on you could email Yangdu and special order it. Might have a long wait.

Here's a good example of a Tamang Knife with forging scales left on:

View attachment 692601

Thank you, I can't get the image of forge finished WWII with Satisal wood and all white metal accents out of my head.
I am currently waiting on a CAK to come in but I have a strong feeling what is next.

Sent via telegraph by the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Love that WW2. I already have one almost exact same size and weight though. Love the satin blade.

Well done Mateos. I can relate to that weak feeling. I get it more and more frequently all the time.

Hope your EMS has positive results.

DD on the WW2 and its not even my birthday!
0b73bfe33ac1ee23d55502d6dba9c292.jpg

Well I guess you can have it all...

A very Happy Birthday from Corn Patch, Mrs. Martino!! Ruth says Happy Birthday, too.

Ray---That Katunje is freakin' SPECIAL I tell you! No one, but no one touches mine. In fact, ol' Santy Claus was laid out onna floor last Christmas when he tried to look at mine while Rudolph an' me sucked down a couple of brewskis! The story about going through that big honkin' Nepali earthquake is true. We thought they was gone forever. Mine had a dent in the handle cap, but that was repaired quickly. I absolutely love my little Yangdu (had her name engraved on the blade) and DON'T YOU DARE believe what Bawanna is suggesting to you about me having the 2nd best Curved Spine. That lyin' skonk cain't tell my world's bestest Curved Spine from a limp noodle!! And he THINKS, only THINKS I'ma tellin' you, that his is the top dawg! Bah! Humbug! You gonna like that Katunje and you'll then realize theys two kinds of people inna world. Them that wants a Katunje and us that got one! Let'em eat cake, I tell ya!

Happy Birthday Aunti! Hope you have a great one. Its my sons birthday today too.

Grats Ray! That is a sweeter knife than pictures can show. Awesome size too. Nice that it comes with Chakma, Karda and sheath. Its a full set ready to go and for that price!:thumbup:

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll like this one. I expect to get it "phone book paper whooshing through sharp" and use it for delicate tasks such as picking roses or lilacs for my bride or harvesting corn off the stalk and tomatoes off the vine. Then I can slice the tomatoes for my sandwiches too. And don't worry I've been told by others too not listen to Bawana :D

Cheers from one of "us that got one" (soon anyway :cool:)

Ray

I just realized - I've purchased 2 Anil made Khukris in less than a week. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thank you all for birthday wish
Now I qualified for senior discount LOL...

Happy Birthday Rstrufe!
Email me your mailing address will send BD gift.

Happy Birthday to nodoghouse son!

Recieved the WW2 today. Probably the sharpest HI kukri I have ever recieved. Scary sharp. Perhaps my KLVUK was close, but that sharpness with the weight- wow. I think that old snag in the backyard just gave me a funny look. May have to go and test this out...

Be careful Mateos. Attack at will but make sure you important parts don't get in the way.
You've graduated to a weapon of mass destruction.

Back