Test ad

My BK7 has a scratch

Accelerator

Gold Member
First time posting in the Becker forum (I think), but a long time user. Forgive me for the post title, it’s more than a scratch. I’ve had this bad boy for a long time, 6-7 years probably, and have beaten the crap out of it. It’s my most trustworthy knife and is as sharp and trusty today as it was the day I bought it, actually probably more so. I love this beast and I know that it loves me back.
SRP5paJ.jpg

Crag the Brewer

Gold Member
First time posting in the Becker forum (I think), but a long time user. Forgive me for the post title, it’s more than a scratch. I’ve had this bad boy for a long time, 6-7 years probably, and have beaten the crap out of it. It’s my most trustworthy knife and is as sharp and trusty today as it was the day I bought it, actually probably more so. I love this beast and I know that it loves me back.
SRP5paJ.jpg

You earned your Respect, here......Good Post!
Those aren't scratches, according to Beckerheads, I'm pretty sure those are called Polishing Marks.

Wasty

Gold Member
Indeed, a nice introduction here:)

That is the very natural state of a Becker Knife. Use it without hesitation, it just gets better over time:)

The 7 is an amazing all around tool, always asking for more.

However, if that bug has bitten you, I can see a 9 in your future :)

Accelerator

Gold Member
I’ve been eyeballing a 9 for quite some time but so far the 7 has done everything I’ve asked it to without hesitation. I can beat the crap out of it, spend a few minutes on the stone and it’s back to hair popping sharp. Nothing gets in its way and survives to tell about it. It’s without a doubt one of the finest knives that I’ve ever purchased and I’ve purchased a lot.

OnceBitten

Gold Member
The nice thing about Becker’s is they clean up good :p:p
View attachment 1544305
and work just as hard :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That 7 is gorgeous. I really need to find a stamped 7........the one I have has the small pommel and it's kind of a "Safe Queen".

The 7 and the Perseverance are my favourite Beckers as far as size goes (and my 21s, of course:D). To have one in-between the Mk2 and BK-7 would be ideal.

BK-6.5, anyone?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cbach8tw

Gold Member
SRP5paJ.jpg

To make it like a new knife, have you thought about micarta scales? When I attached some to my BK 7, it made it feel like a totally new knife, so much more comfortable.

tanglediver

Gold Member
I've had worse.

The BK7 was the inspiration for the Black Knight scene.
"I'm invincible!!"

Nothing like a well used blade. That's how it's supposed to look. :thumbsup: Reminds me of my BK9:

BTW, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.
Nothing like a well used blade. That's how it's supposed to look. :thumbsup: Reminds me of my BK9:

BTW, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Yup, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What this guy said !!! LOL If your knife don't look like that, your doing it wrong ! LOL