My Busse Grail - HG55

bubbaskyjacker

Gold Member
After months of pestering I mean messaging , my new best friend @TheGrownUpKid was nice enough to sell me my Busse grail.......

The HG55 Military Overun. (No idea what that stands for) should be here mid week

Why is it my grail, well I don’t like pointy knives. Seem counterintuitive but I don’t. Buuuuuuuuuut the HG55 with CBT is quite a nasty lookin blade with the bomb proof tip if things get A little dicey.

Now I need some cool pants for it, that will match it’s attitude.

I've wanted one for a while. Very nice pick.

Let us know how you like it and be sure to post up pictures!

Congrats! I was very pleased to see you were able to source one!!!

@TheGrownUpKid has helped me out quite a bit too with things such as my Demko knowledge base! Another credit to BF to add to all the other stand up brothers I've made friends with! :D

Now a few pics just to hold you over while u wait!

Plus, although you may never have the desire to tear your 55 down and overhaul it, but you still deserve to know what's under the hood now that you've joined the cult!

Enjoy!

D1fcvTY.jpg

kxQmour.jpg

4Q4Ftbz.jpg

iqLRyQY.jpg

MkXqtF8.jpg

nfYqbGq.jpg

stripped:
xK5drY3.jpg

XFziGFr.jpg

chatter marks:
NDBVoOo.jpg

fiKnh91.jpg

Prototype & taco I designed:
JQShK0S.jpg

auERrO1.jpg

gnDDgqT.jpg

X2lwmEO.jpg

I really enjoy how the spine reminds of a "SPINE" with vertebrae & everything. I just knew I had to showcase this feature with my sheath.
nMn1jW8.jpg

Last edited:
Mine looked just like that one! I really miss that knife! Congrats on the score!!

Awesome pics Pete, do you have any overhead pics of that blade tip? I'm curious as to how thick and bomb proof it might be. I really like the one you had Tim go over, well done. :thumbsup:

Awesome pics Pete, do you have any overhead pics of that blade tip? I'm curious as to how thick and bomb proof it might be. I really like the one you had Tim go over, well done. :thumbsup:
Lemme get off work and I'll snap a few...but you can trust me, it's still plenty thick at the spine.

Great! Thanks, Didn't mean to jack your thread OP you opened a can of worms for me though I believe. :cool:

Jeez. I've been missing out. I shouldn't have sold my le.....

Anyone need a kidney? I have a spare!

Jeez. I've been missing out. I shouldn't have sold my le.....

Anyone need a kidney? I have a spare!

Kidneys stay well exercised and flushed clean on Busse forum, therefore not much demand...:thumbsdown::(

The gold standard for organ exchange for INFI here is, Livers. :thumbsup::D

Right now ONE lobe of your liver will net you ONE NMFBM or two CG ASH1's. Of course the conversion rate goes up if you are willing to trade for sr101. :cool:

Even though I have one incoming, I would like to see another one get released.

I asked for a HG35 in “what would you like to see” thread. A nice beefy 3-3.5 inch EDC would be wicked.

As I have found out, Busse blades are bigger in person Than they look in pictures. I almost :poop: myself when the ASH arrived :eek:, it made all my other knives look like baby carrots.

It is certainly difficult to convey the size without seeing one in person.

The awe that is seen when showing one off to non Busse owners is priceless.

My original steel heart ergo still gets "holy s#1t!"'s as I bust it out.

Back