My challenge knife

Here is my entry
Still have some more polishing, cleaning, sharpening etc
Its 1095 5/32
stabillized york gum burl black g10 liners
pouch sheath with gator inlay

Thanks guys!
This fella baldingeagle above made that fine alligator dangler sheath for me!

Man, that's freakin' beautiful. Really nice work.

Yeah, that sheath does look killer BE.

Doug does awesome leather work guys. I believe he does customs as well fellas. I got a few from him and they are immaculate!

Matt, that is one excellent looking combo . . . . like the hamon and if that blade is about 5" - 6" & around a 4 1/2" to 4 3/4" handle, then that is about as close to perfection as it gets for me . . . . .
Doug, just fantastic work on the sheath . . . and Sally T said to let you know it definitely passes the "Sally Leather Test" criteria she uses on all of our own leather goods . . . . :)
Gorgeous work gentlemen, positive thoughts & best of luck to both you & Chris in the contest . . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

Thanks fellas I hope it does ok in the challenge.
J1M the lenth on this one is 5" handle, 5 1/2 blade and 10 5/8 oal.

wow Matt. that looks awesome. nicely done. :thumbup:

mmmmmmmmmmm...........
that looks sweet -- I bet it'd cut the 1" manilla rope good!

How much would a combo like this cost? I want to start saving...PM if you don't want it public. Thanks to both craftsman for your work and time.

Ive said it before and I will say it here again. I came in second to this knife in the challenge. Usually second place finish is a bitter sweet thing. so close yet so far second place is first loser type of thing. The second I put this knife in my hand I knew it was a winner. Losing to this knife made losing bareable. Matt deserved the win with this knife. Ive watched his work over the last year, and he has come a long way in a short time. I as well as many others expect great things from Matt. Well done Buddy!..................Oh, and not to mention the sheath by Balding Eagle. I cant say enough good about it.. the total package made for something that was the envy of the Gathering. Awesome job Doug!

Back