1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

My CRK collection... What is yours?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Kinagoo, May 9, 2012.

1. Kinagoo

Kinagoo Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thought I would do a small update on my slowly growing CrK acquisitions.
    Very curious to see what you guys have and your thoughts on what is next...
    I am officially addicted. I have bought and sold quite a few to get to those 4 knives.
    My next one is a wood inlay, don't know which on yet...
    Thanks to all of you for making this forum such a great, friendly, and informative place.
    Alex

Attached Files:

2. 김원진

김원진

May 4, 2011
    #1 get some better lighting on those beauties

next buys should be a large plain insingo and a large carbon fiber:thumbup:

great collection

3. Kinagoo

Jan 9, 2012
    I know, sorry about the lighting, it doesn't do them justice...:(
    It was an impulse post, unprepared, just wanted to show off my babies :cool:
    Thanks Man :thumbup:

4. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    Very nice indeed, but there does seem to be a lack of Regular in there. :p

5. 김원진

김원진

May 4, 2011
    hah, regardless, any picture is better than no picture :D

I'm out right now so i can't post any pics. I hope to see st james, lisantica, hoodep, jan i, mvg, and some others post their recent full collections. And the other relief sebenzas. Jaw dropping.

6. Kinagoo

Jan 9, 2012
    I agree... But those are hard to find!

7. Kinagoo

Jan 9, 2012
    Can't wait...:)

8. Fooj

Fooj

Apr 6, 2004
    Seems like there are several collection vectors on which I've seen folks launch:
    • Random -- buy at least one sample of everything, including fixed blades. Then buy another somewhat different sample of everything, repeat.
    • Go for historical pieces. In Sebenzas, Hs, Ps, special runs. James and Hope1967 are amongst the masters on this vector (and more!). Acquisition of annual LEs is a nice series to go for. In fixed blades, the one piece knives are all collectible now, the USA numbered ones are very rare, and the ones from SA are exceedingly rare now. Love the Jules' collection.
    • Focus on a favorite model, buy variations within that model. Prime example -- I've seen some extraordinary Mnandi collections out there. Jos, dynokay, and others have great Mnandi-focused holdings as part of their collections.
    • Narrow down to even a more focused theme. For instance, DallasSTB may have the best collection on the planet of regular numbered unique graphics done by Chris.

I started out on the random vector, trying to collect one of each model. That helped me understand my preferences 1st hand. Perhaps a fixed blade, or an Mnandi is a good next step?

Have fun with it!!!

9. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
    Posts removed from this thread were sent to Whine & Cheese.

When you see something so obviously objectionable, please save me a lot of work and just report the post. Use the small triangle in the lower left corner. Quoting and commenting on it does not belong in a manufacturer forum, disrupting the original topic.

10. lisantica

lisantica Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Hey Fooj, I like that Collection Vector Model :) :thumbup:

Kinagoo, those are some beauties there, I can see you wanting to try a wood inlay.
    As for me, my collection seems to be in a constant realignment stage....sell a couple to get a couple. I'm not sure which CRK I'm currently seeking, it's just one of those I'll know it when I see it.

11. JohnnyO

JohnnyO

Sep 1, 2002
    No pic, but it consists of:

7.5" Green Beret
    Neil Roberts Warrior
    Mountain II
    Large Seb BG42

12. Kinagoo

Jan 9, 2012
    Hi Lisantica,
    If you could give me 3 wood inlays in order of preference what would they be? Any pictures?
    Thanks!

13. Kinagoo

Jan 9, 2012
    Hi Fooj,

Like your model!!! It makes a lot of sense. Care to share your collection? Pictures?
    Thanks a lot!

14. Kinagoo

Jan 9, 2012
    Hey JohnnyO,
    Great collection! All different, I like it, especially that large BG42...:) I'm a folder kinda guy.
    By the way she seems a little out of place in the middle of all your fixed blades, maybe I can help her out...:)
    Take care man

15. lisantica

Oct 17, 2010
    Kinagoo, I really have one favorite type, it is Box Elder. It sure can vary from sample to sample, but here are two I have, coupled with a Lignum Vitae, lower left. Top and right are Box Elder:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Kinagoo

Jan 9, 2012
    Those are gorgeous indeed!!!
    The box elder really is a nice wood, the top one takes the crown for me. Perfect combination of pattern, silkinness and colors. Nice knives Lisantica thanks for sharing!

17. lisantica

Oct 17, 2010
    Here's a better shot of it:

[​IMG]

18. Kinagoo

Jan 9, 2012
    This one is really cool, pretty amazing nature can do such patterns. I think what appeals to me is that there are no lines, therefore it looks magical. Every wood in some way will show some kind of lines in the grain, this one really is special.
    I'm jealous, you might of convinced me on my next sebenza...:D

19. MVG

MVG

Jul 14, 2009
    I seem to be attracted to the Annuals lately.

[​IMG]

20. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    WOW! Just beautiful. If you ever decide to sell, I will have paypal ready to go!