My daughter came home!!

Some of you might remember my post from a couple of months ago about my daughter being born 16 weeks premature. She came home a month ago today (what the hell took me so long to tell you guys? Maybe it was all those sleepless nights :D ).

Paige was born 1 pound 6.6 ounces and came home weighing over 10 pounds! She was in the hospital for 145 days, man what a long time that was for me and my wife.

A great big thank you goes out to all the people that said a prayer for her, my wife, and me, and to the people that just kept her in her thoughts!

Paul

Without further ado I am proud to show my daughter Paige Samantha! :D

Congratulations! What a beautiful litttle girl.
Don't worry about the sleepless nights--and the fact that YOU
no longer have a life. :) It's well worth it.
(2X22 months experience)

CONGRATULATIONS! What a cutie! You're a lucky man! Paige Samantha... That's a pretty name. It fits her. Good on you and your wife! :D

Wow that is awesome! Thank God and the hospital workers for bringing your baby home.
Ah what a great feeling.
Paige, keep your dad up for at lest the next few months, he'll get used to it eventually. Once you've trained him. ;)

Congratulations!

Absolutely adorable! Beautiful eyes and toothless smile!

I have a 2-1/2 year old daughter, and she is the light of my life. Personally, I'm not looking forward to the teenage years. As far as the dates are concerned, I'm planning on a strict program of sheer shock and intimidation...

Aww, look at her. She's already got that, "Daddy, please buy me a new knife" look on her face. ;) :D

She's a cutie! :)

Danbo said:
Aww, look at her. She's already got that, "Daddy, please buy me a new knife" look on her face. ;) :D

She's a cutie! :)
Well, I don't know about Mere Mortal, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have been negotiating with an incredibly gifted knifemaker about small custom folders for my (soon-to-be) 2-year old girls. Not quites sure when to give them the knives, but this is one illness that Daddy doesn't mind passing on. :D

On the other hand, Mere Mortal, looked at college costs recently? How about estimates for 18 years from now? Ouch!!!!

She is a cutie. Congrats to you and the lucky new mommy.

Also, shaldag makes a valid point. Might want to start setting aside some money now. I'm afraid to even guess what higher learning will cost in 18 years.

Thanks for the compliments. I love the fact that she's home. It's a lot more work having her home (which we don't mind doing), but we don't have to travel to the hospital every night. I love that picture so much it's now my avatar.

Centaur - My wife and I have discussed the teenage years already and about her dating. As of now I'm 6' 4'' and weigh 300 pounds so I have the intimidation factor down, but if my size doesn't scare 'em I plan on having my shotgun laying on the couch next to me with a Sharpie and a shell on the table. I'm going to write their name on the shell toss it to them and ask if they understand what it means. I'm sure there will be some door slamming in my house 16 to 18 years from now.

shaldag and ERINT - College fund has already started. My Mother-in-law wants her to go to the best of the best so she started the fund with her financial advisor. Since I went to school 10 years ago I've seen that the cost of state schools have increased by over 400% a semester. :grumpy:
By the time she's ready it should be about 10,000 a semester plus books and dorm fees if she goes away.

Paul

What fantastic news and what a smile. :cool:

Congratulations Paul it sounds like she is already ahead of the game with a family like yours! :)

Back