1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

My design in Tactical Knives magazine.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by pitdog, Mar 9, 2012.

1. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    I know this might be old news for some, us Canadian's get everything last , but I managed to pick up a copy of Tactical Knives magazine yesterday which featured one of my designs that Dylan Fletcher turned into reality.

[​IMG]

I'd like to thank Dylan once again for turning a sketch into an awesome piece of steel. He makes some of the coolest looking knives and I think this one fits quite well with his style.

I don't yet have the funds to buy one myself but if it feels half as good as the cardboard template I made then it will be a great knife !

[​IMG]
    By pitdog2010 at 2010-11-22

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tknife

tknife Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 1999
    Very cool, I have that issue :) I finally broke down and got a subscription to TK, mainly because of all the guys that post here that are featured in it.

3. BRL

BRL Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2011
    My next Fletcher will be one of these. Great design!

4. gregorio

gregorio

Nov 9, 2007
    Shouldn't you get one pro bono for designing the piece

5. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    I am calling you out - I think you are fibbing.

Send one to me to test and keep and I will believe you.

TF

6. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2006
    That is so cool Bro

7. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    At least for cost.

8. dialton

dialton

Jan 1, 2007
    Nice to see your idea come to life!

9. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    It's nice to see your blade in the magazine, Pit. :thumbup:

10. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 4, 2009
    very cool pit. I always liked that design. looks like a fantastic blade

11. CUTS LIKE A KRIS

CUTS LIKE A KRIS

Sep 28, 2005
    Congrats Pit- I know how happy I was just to get my pic in the "knives I carry" portion. Reminds me that I have to go to the to my magazine shop and see if they have put any issues aside for me. I agree that the main reason I still get it is for WSS contributers- all other info seems to be found on BF anyways, and much sooner.

Now time to get your design in the steel, bet it will cut better than the cardboard version!

12. The Warrior

The Warrior Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Awesome design, love it. I too, think you should at least get a hell of a discount on one.

13. tek77

tek77 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Great overall design indeed - looks like a solid user. I like how the thumb rump is pushed forward, out of the way... probably the 1st thumb rump I don't mind on a knife.

14. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5

Jan 6, 2006
    Good Job Pit . Glade for you.:thumbup:

15. baldtaco-II

baldtaco-II

Feb 28, 2006
    Did you get credit for your work in the mag?

16. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    Nah but all I did was draw the darn thing !:eek:

17. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    I will say I stressed several times that the design was from you.
    That really is a great design and I have a blast turning it into a real knife. It's getting ready to be put on the website as soon as I have time to edit the silly thing.

18. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    It's gorgeous. I NEED another Fletcher knife. I have the first Esteban he made and it is AWESOME.

19. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Well...if you read the photo caption that design is called the Pitdog...so, in a way you did get credit for it :)

Other than me being partial to sharper points and narrower blades you and I think a lot alike on knife designs.

20. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    I always love seeing the stuff you think up. I'll echo Mistwalker when I say that you and I seem to share a lot of the same preferences when it comes to knife design. Not enough broad blades out there.