My Disappointment with Ernest Emerson

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by FEDKNIFELOVER, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    Infact....never mind.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. mmike87

mmike87

Jan 6, 2009
    "Tolerance" is a just a word one group uses to silence another. And, it usually only works one-way.

3. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    Fedknifelover
    all I really need to know about muslims, I learned on 9/11 :eek:

4. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Oct 5, 2009
    Then you obviously didn't learn much.

Celebrate ignorance, if you will. It doesn't become you.

5. Colt6731

Colt6731 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2002
    I did two tours in Iraq with the US Army, 13 months in 2004-2005, and 12 months in 2008-2009 and from what I saw of Islam first hand I would say Ernie Emerson is right on target.

6. giant1

giant1

May 9, 2007
    Ah yes.........

Religion(s) How many of them have been responsible for people deaths?? If we new the real answer we would all be questioning the true motives a lot harder instead of following blindly.

They are all the same and should be treated with the utmost skepticism.

If you must follow a religion do it in the privacy of your own home and keep it out of politics. Our politicians are already bad enough without adding another explosive and devisive tool to their box of dirty tricks.

7. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001
    imho in the history of this planet more folks have been killed over religion than any other dispute.

imho the practitioners of islam are a lot more tolerant of others in the USA than they tend to be in countries where islam is the primary (in some cases only) religion, thats just the way it is, i know a few folks who have been in kuwait, egypt, UAE, iraq, 'ganistan, etc and thats what i have been told anyway.

and, again, its ernies site, he can post whatever he wants to, doesnt bother me one iota, if it bothers anyone dont buy his products, or email him and discuss it, or both.

imho a lot of muslims dont like the USA simply because of the fact that we support israel, and americans arent welcome in there country becuase of that, and now the war on terror too i suppose.

8. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Oct 5, 2009
    Americans aren't welcome in which country? Newsflash: the US is generally unpopular worldwide, contrary to whatever people who sit at home and watch CNN might believe. Open your mouth while abroad, let someone hear your accent, and you've already gone down several notches in most people's opinions...nearly anywhere you go. That applies to Europe, Asia, the middle east, Africa, South America, South Pacific, etc.

9. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    Unfortunately you are quite right.

I have more than a few friends who have had hassle for being American. One friend of mine who was
    studying in Scotland had seven bells of shirt kicked out of him just for being from the US. :thumbdn:

People have always picked on foreigners no matter what the country in question might be, but
    Americans seem to get it much worse than other folks from the likes of the E.U.

10. elvis.alive

elvis.alive

May 19, 2010
    Well, Emerson can post whatever he wants.

I think that organized religion is so full of contradictions and lies that characterizing people according to a belief in which they place their faith yet don't know nearly all of what it says in it's holy text is completely illogical.

And people as ignorant as Emerson who entertain me so much (http://gunblast.com/Greg-RacialProfiling.htm) should keep it up!

11. flatface77

flatface77

Oct 3, 2007
    I'm far from ignorant of the subject & am horrified at what the well-intentioned tolerance of several European nations is netting them from this dogma (ask Holland in particular how their charity cases have rewarded their kindness). Ernie spoke up like adults used to do in better times before the PC thought police started shouting people down for unfashionable opinions.

Generally, the people who jump on Islam's critics for objecting to it's behavior don't say a peep when muslims riot & kill over newspaper cartoons, call for the murder of it's critics, demand Sharia law in Western nations, ect. They're sure quick to slander anyone who objects to any of this, though.

Ernie seems to be concerned for all the right reasons & I respect him even more now for speaking his mind despite the unjustified controversy associated with his views. He's earned another fan. Anyone who doesn't like his views can direct their attention elsewhere & ignore him. Unlike Muhammad's followers, we don't murder people for their opinions & are allowed to criticize those who do. That's one of the perks of a free society.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  12. jahwarrior72

jahwarrior72

Mar 3, 2007
    the most FAIL in one post i've seen this week.:barf:

13. gincoza

gincoza

Jan 22, 2010
    perhaps he is right, it does seem to be if you take a look around you, read the papers, I am not up on current affairs around the world to say yes or no, but I know what isee locally, seems the muslums are growing faster than one would believe unless you took time to look,,,just saying

14. IGotStabbed

IGotStabbed

Jul 11, 2007
    It's ok you're all from rural areas and want smaller gov. or watever, but please have a more open mindset.

15. PachaasPaisaa

PachaasPaisaa Banned BANNED

Sep 10, 2009
    so considering the very FIRST AND DEADLIEST terrorist attack on US soil was perpetrated by a right-wing christian fundamentalist

"everything i learned about christians, i learned on april 19, 1995"

i wonder what high-and-mighty emerson would say about that? Or rather, if he was actually fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan instead of sitting behind a computer collecting 1000's of dollars for less than spectacular knives...Would he object to having his life saved by a follower of the Muslim faith?

probably not.

16. hoopster

hoopster

Jan 12, 2007
    Thanks for bringing Mr Emerson's opinion to light on this forum. IMO he hit the nail on the head and for the first time I'm compelled to buy one of his knives.

17. PachaasPaisaa

PachaasPaisaa Banned BANNED

Sep 10, 2009
    wow no wonder this country is going to shit

its filled with ignorant people who have nothing better to do than imitate what they hear from people they consider "experts"

i honestly find it very hard to believe that Emerson knows anything about the religion other than what he hears on FOX news and whatever garbage media most people are listening today.

I find it absolutely appaling that only ONE person actually called out the absolute INANE AND IDIOTIC diatribe that phatboa went on

i guess its good to know that if emerson tells you rabid fanboys to go jump off a bridge, there will be no hesitation in volunteers.

18. hoopster

hoopster

Jan 12, 2007
    There are many educated people who don't have their heads in the sand who know what Islam is all about. Those who claim to be moderate muslims will never stand up to the extremists. That's all you need to know.

19. Kirk_Ferentz

Kirk_Ferentz

Feb 16, 2010
    Well it sounds like it matters a lot to him...

20. reddawn

reddawn

Oct 8, 2008
    timmothy mcveigh was not a christian and had no affiliation with any church.ha said he barely believed in a god.get you facts straight pachaas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.