My distributor lists the designer

My distributor lists the designer of this knife as S. L. Skinner, who also seems to have designed the Taylor Cutlery website. As to Schrade's Old Timer and Uncle Henry slipjoints, these are manufactured by Wayeah Knives & Tools Co., Ltd. a professional manufacturer and exporter of knives & tools, located in Yangjiang, Guangdong, China. Several years ago, they decided to build the world’s largest knife factory. To aid in the building and set-up, they contracted Gerber. They then decided to produce the highest quality knives in the world. To this end, they located some of the master craftsmen who were laid off when Case stopped making their own knives in 1994. These master cutlers were invited to come to China and teach the Chinese how to make the old Case knives. Some stayed only a short time but others now make their homes in China, where they are still sharing their expertise. The knives are largely handmade. One thing the Chinese have is plenty of labor. Absolutely no corners are cut in the search for perfection.

Welcome to Bladeforums.

The thread you posted to dates from the year 2003. It is in an appropriate subforum to post about the American-made legacy Schrades, not the current line, wherever made. So I moved your post to this General Knife Discussion from the Schrade Knives Collectors Forum.

Please read our FAQ. If you are going to represent yourself here as a dealer, you will need a dealer membership.

Back