• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

My experience with Kansept Knives Warranty

I like many Chinese made knives, great knives many times for great money. Some shockingly good

But

You pick up one end of the stick and you gotta pick up the other...

Yeah, but Brands like Civivi and WE have standards that are amazing and have consumer services that are as good if not better than American made companies. The knife wasnt expensive thank God but I know they charge 100+ dollars for some of their knives.
Yeah well it could have been worse. It could have been a $100 knife.

Get your knives from a dealer vs. factory direct unless the factory is right in your home country, is of reliable quality, and is well know for doing the right thing.

That's pretty typical for factory direct knives from China.
WE and Reate gave me great customer service, on par with the big US companies (and even going beyond what some of those will do for you). Doesn't seem to me like it's a matter of country, just whether or not the manufacturer cares about their customers.

WE and Reate gave me great customer service, on par with the big US companies (and even going beyond what some of those will do for you). Doesn't seem to me like it's a matter of country, just whether or not the manufacturer cares about their customers.
Did is stutter when I said avoid factory direct?

" I heard from Kansept today after they saw this post. "

Sounds like BF has better customer service than Kansept.

I tried out one of their Copperhead models, but I bought it from a dealer. It is a pretty nice knife, well made and light. I've used it some and it cuts well.

Being unfamiliar with the brand, I went to their website and read their warranty. Regardless of where something is produced, if your English website is riddled with typos and poor writing, my expectations of your product and service is low. Not to say I've never been surprised. But I definitely avoid companies who skip over the little details like communicating with their target audience.

Back