My experience with Kansept Knives Warranty

Hey guys,
So I am posting here today to give a little bit of insight into Kansept Knives and their warranty service that they offer. I will forewarn you it has not been a pleasant experience thus far. Originally I had received a Kansept Kyro in natural Micarta as a gift. After carrying it for a little while, the micarta handle cracked in half. I contacted Kansept and after weeks of communication was finally told to send the knife in. I did as such and was shipped out a replacement. Now this is where the issues continue to increase. The replacement knife I was sent had defective liners that were bent to where it had damaged the knife itself overall. After contacting Kansept I was told they would send me new liners which I informed them that would not solve the issue as the damage was significant. Then utter silence for a month. No contact after repeated emails and attempted contact. I emailed them and inform them that I will be shipping the knife back to where it came from where they gave confirmation of this. Now it is close to three months later and I have not heard from anyone since then after multiple attempts to contact them and inform them that I still need this issue resolved. I have not received another knife, I have not been sent my knife back. At this moment in time I cannot recommend anyone order a knife from this company seeing as how they have apparently taken my knife with no intention to remedy the situation. I am still trying to resolve this but the company seems to be lacking any interest in further communicating. This is just my personal experience and I do hope this issue to be resolved and I will update if it does.

That's pretty typical for factory direct knives from China.
Yeah, but Brands like Civivi and WE have standards that are amazing and have consumer services that are as good if not better than American made companies. The knife wasnt expensive thank God but I know they charge 100+ dollars for some of their knives.

Chefget

Gold Member
I like many Chinese made knives, great knives many times for great money. Some shockingly good

But

You pick up one end of the stick and you gotta pick up the other...

Yeah, but Brands like Civivi and WE have standards that are amazing and have consumer services that are as good if not better than American made companies. The knife wasnt expensive thank God but I know they charge 100+ dollars for some of their knives.
Yeah well it could have been worse. It could have been a $100 knife.

Get your knives from a dealer vs. factory direct unless the factory is right in your home country, is of reliable quality, and is well know for doing the right thing.

Hey guys, so I am here to update yall. I heard from Kansept today after they saw this post. They gave me a refund of the original cost of the knife due to the hassle of all this. I respect how they finally resolved the situation but I still hold true to what I've said. I would be wary of buying from this company as a whole due to my experience. I respect them for providing a valid solution but I do not like how this situation was handled overall. Just my input into a fairly new company who entered into the market.

Lance Leon

Gold Member
That's pretty typical for factory direct knives from China.
WE and Reate gave me great customer service, on par with the big US companies (and even going beyond what some of those will do for you). Doesn't seem to me like it's a matter of country, just whether or not the manufacturer cares about their customers.

WE and Reate gave me great customer service, on par with the big US companies (and even going beyond what some of those will do for you). Doesn't seem to me like it's a matter of country, just whether or not the manufacturer cares about their customers.
Did is stutter when I said avoid factory direct?

" I heard from Kansept today after they saw this post. "

Sounds like BF has better customer service than Kansept.

I tried out one of their Copperhead models, but I bought it from a dealer. It is a pretty nice knife, well made and light. I've used it some and it cuts well.

StoneAndSteel

Gold Member
Being unfamiliar with the brand, I went to their website and read their warranty. Regardless of where something is produced, if your English website is riddled with typos and poor writing, my expectations of your product and service is low. Not to say I've never been surprised. But I definitely avoid companies who skip over the little details like communicating with their target audience.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC