My experience with warranty service

I have been dealing with a woman named Wendy Rong (no I didn't spell it wrong) since
July 10th with e-mails going back and forth. I was told I should send the knife to an address that she gave me a California address for Kizer. They got my knife over a week ago and I emailed her that the knife was in their possession and to please give me the tracking # she said no problem.
No tracking # or e-mail to tell me what is going on. I have sent 2 additional texts to no avail.
I wanted to know if anybody has a phone # for there office in California or China it would be much appreciated.

Hello, I am very sorry for that. Could you please tell me your email address or the model you want to exchange so I can check for you? We will arrange shipment soon.

I still have not heard back from you or Wendy. I am loosing my patience and I want some sort of communication from you company. I was one of the first people to start buying your knives and had not had problems
till now. How do you expect to service your customers with your nice new factory. At this point you have lost me as a customer and as i said in my e-mail I will be spreading the word about your lousy customer
service and the phantom office you have in California. I want a response and a solution soon.

Hello, I have asked Wendy and she told me that the replacement knife has been shipped today and had sent you the tracking number. If a customer ask for returning a defective knife, we have to inspect the knife first and confirm whether it is defective from the factory which may needs some times. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you want understand it.

I think you expected too fast of a turn around time. One week is pretty quick. You requested a tracking number on something they didnt even ship out at that point.

I get frustration of a knife not being perfect and needing service or exchange ... but you have to be realistic and give them a fair chance to receive inspect and process your claim. The time stamps look like fairly quick responses and you have a new knife on its way.

I got the tracking # on the 26th. According to the USPS tracking system the knife has not yet reached the post office. I am glad and thankful that you sent me the tracking # but the # does not help if nobody sends the package. Please see what can be done about this
Thank You
Mike

To Kizer news
I received the knife today It is perfect. I am sorry that I got angry but I am a person that is very prompt when I give schedule dates. If you would have told me 3-4 weeks I would have been fine with that.
Anyway it is behind us and everything worked out. I have decided not to work with companies that do not have a phone contact. This is the 3rd time I have had misunderstandings with a knife company
and none of them had phones.
Thank you
Michael Joseph

I got the tracking # on the 26th. According to the USPS tracking system the knife has not yet reached the post office. I am glad and thankful that you sent me the tracking # but the # does not help if nobody sends the package. Please see what can be done about this

While it's probably not what you want to hear, my experience with UPS is that some shipments slip through the cracks in the tracking system. I have had packages arrive that were still "processing" or even "lost in transit" per the tracking info, even as I had them right in front of me. I even had one seller refund my money due to an item being "lost" and then showing up the next day, after UPS had already listed it as MIA.

Your correct. It is still listed as USPS never received it. I was upset about the way the whole thing. I don't find it necessary to rehash the details.

Your correct. It is still listed as USPS never received it. I was upset about the way the whole thing. I don't find it necessary to rehash the details.
I'm glad you got your knife and everything worked out.

From where I stand it looks like the warranty service offered from Kizer was a good as could possibly be expected. If you want a phone number for contact purposes, that's entirely valid while still being a personal preference.

Would you consider changing the title of this thread to something more neutral, like "My experience with Kizer warranty service"? In our search engine drive world this thread would pop as evidence of bad warranty service, when it actually wasn't. Fair is fair.

You got a replacement knife after 22 days. That's awesome service.

Thanks.

I would consider this as very reasonable customer service. Certainly not lousy. I've been thinking about buying a Gemini and when I first saw this thread I thought great, I may not want one now if their customer service sucks but after reading this I would certainly buy one with no worries if I ever needed CS help.

PS- I do agree the title needs to be changed.

I've had worse service from Staples and most of my orders in their system show that thye never arrived even though I have them all.
I've also needed warranty work on a flashlight built overseas. It tooks months overall and the return tracking number was mostly useless but I never thought to bash them as I knew it was part of my decision to buy that particular light.
I'd say that roughly 3 weeks is a great timetable to a kinfe to be sent, inspected and replaced.

You probably should change the title...

I Tried to change the title but I cannot figure it out. I clicked edit but only the body of the showed up. How do you get to the title ? As soon as I get some help with that I will change the title.

I Tried to change the title but I cannot figure it out. I clicked edit but only the body of the showed up. How do you get to the title ? As soon as I get some help with that I will change the title.

Above the first post, click on Thread Tools and then Edit Title.

Back