1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My First Barlow Giveaway - Winner Chosen

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by WhittlinAway, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Congratulations on the milestone Greg. Hard to believe that you've only been here on The Porch for just a year :)

I can't resist a great-looking Barlow, so please count me in. Thanks for the generous giveaway and good luck to everyone :thumbup:

Probably the thing that has made me smile most over the past week was reading through all the posts in my 'Open The Box' giveaway :) :thumbup:

2. MJ71

MJ71 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Not an entry. Just a congrats for putting up a great knife. The generosity of spirit that defines The Porch continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. heday60

heday60

Oct 30, 2016
    I am in. This would be my first Barlow, and as far as I can recall this is the first GAW I've entered on the porch. I have a Wilkinson fixed blade that I believe is a Camillus , so that point would be missed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    opportunities to try a Camillus barlow are rare, so count me in! :)

5. lukas.tucker

lukas.tucker

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm in. I have never owned a Barlow, and I've never entered GAW on the porch. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    I'm in. Thanks for the kind & generous GAW.

-- Mark

7. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    I'm in, thanks.

8. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    I'm in! This would be my first Barlow and first Camilla, and what a wonderful first it would be ;)

9. HOMER GRIFIN

HOMER GRIFIN

Apr 15, 2015
    I'm in,thanks for the chance.

10. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo

Sep 29, 2015
    Thanks for the GAW, I'm IN! Always love a chance at getting my hands on something new...

11. 66sprint6

66sprint6

Jan 21, 2016
    Im in for sure and this would be my first Barlow as well. Ive fallen in love with the design and the looks and have been on the hunt for one for quite some time now. The week is early, but this GAW (like most around here) and the generosity in general in this forum definitely make me smile. Oh, that and Metallica released tour dates for the US...that too!

Matt

12. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Count me in and thanks a bunch. I haven't had a barlow since I was about 6 and that's about 58 yrs. I guess I might be due for one.--KV

13. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    I'm in. I've never owned a barlow but I do have an old Camillus electrician I found in a field when I was a kid. As for something that made me smile...I had my first daddy daughter dance at my little girls school last Friday. She's in kindergarten so hopefully it will be the first of many. One of the best night's I've had as a father.

14. gusnuts

gusnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I'm in! This would be my first Camillus. Thanks for the chance

15. skivic

skivic Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I'm in, this will be my first Barlow and first Camillus!! Good luck everyone

16. benzy2

benzy2

Jul 18, 2013
    I am in. This would be my first Camillus and first Barlow. Your GAW is greatly appreciated.

17. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    That is a great looking Barlow. Like others have said, I cannot pass up an opportunity to win such a handsome knife, so I am in!

I do not own any Barlows yet, though I have been looking to find one suitable for my next knife purchase. There is a reason why good Barlows are harder to get one's hands on than some patterns, they can be quite attractive, yet timelessly functional. Though I am a BK&T(modern) enthusiast, my collection of Beckers are all made by Ka-Bar versus the earlier Camillus made ones, so I, as of yet, do not own any Camillus made knives. I have entered giveaways here on the Porch though, so that notch counts against me.

Something that made me smile recently... Well, two things really: I received my new GEC Bullnose on Friday which made me quite happy. That was followed up by celebrating my good friend's birthday by spending some time at a somewhat local Whiskey Library where I tasted some of the best Scotch I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Cigars and a very fine evening soon followed. 'Twas a fantastic weekend, worth of many smiles.

Thank you for the great giveaway and congratulations on your anniversary here. Best of luck to everyone!

18. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    I'm in, thank you. What makes me smile these days? My big poodle Charlie. And having my grandson read to me.

[​IMG]

19. Captain O

Captain O Banned BANNED

Apr 14, 2015
    I'm in, not my first Barlow, nor my first Camillus. If I win the Camillus Barlow, it will cause me to give away my new Boker Plus Barlow to a worthy recipient.

20. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    Awesome gesture and great looking knife. Not an entry but a thank you!