My First Fiddleback: One More Bushfinger Review...But There's Pictures, I Promise!

Couldn't agree with you more on this one: 5/32 is GREAT for outdoor use. I want this knife to be able to skin/butcher game and process wood: the blade profile and the steel thickness both fed in to my decision, and I really think I made the right choice. A thinner knife would work but I love the robust feeling of thicker steel in an outdoors knife. This is a great knife, great blade profile and great steel at a great thickness. Can't complain haha! Like I said, it just gives me an excuse to snag some more Fiddlebacks: now I need to get a thin slicer, a big chopper, a little carver, an EDC...you know, the list goes on :D

Hey Andy my wife loves the handles so much that I think I'm going to have to save up and snag her one of these for Christmas. Not kidding about that either: she's only getting into Outdoor living since I'm dragging her along (my wife is a indoorsy gamer-type and awful proud of it) but I think if I got her something special like a Fiddleback she might even USE it! I don't think I'll ever get her to skin a squirrel...but she'll be making campfires before I'm in the ground! I can promise you that much at least. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for something in ivory micarta with pink liners :p

Don't tell anyone, but I usually fold to customer wife pressure to make things sharp and pointy...

Back