My First Fiddlebacks!

As a long time auto and folding knife collector, I just started making my way into Fixed Blade Knives. I now find myself carrying a Fixed Blade as my EDC knife. I make the EDC knife distinction because a knife isn't my only EDC!

I started buying fixed blades a couple of months back and bought a bunch of Anza's, and have moved on to Fiddlebacks. I think there is somewhat of a natural progression from Anza to Fiddleback. Kind of of a step up.

My first two FiddleBacks arrived yesterday! A Monarch With Cherry Bomb Burlap Handles (white and natural liners) and and a Bush Boot with Turquoise Burlap handles (pink and natural liners). I have a Baby Bush with Blue Dyed Curly maple handles inbound on Thursday :)

48630995126_7ac6532588_k.jpg

48630995081_a8aa5edf6c_k.jpg

48630638153_11273f7f61_k.jpg

WELCOME ABOARD!!! :thumbsup: You will most certainly enjoy your Fiddleback knives. You will also meet some of the best people around here in this forum. It's a great community of folks AND owning @Fiddleback knives is a huge step up!! Your first two look awesome by the way. I will guarantee you many more will come along. You've been bitten my friend. :D

Nice stuff! You're going to like that Baby Bushboot when it arrives. I have one in sapphire burlap micarta with a fancy mosaic pin. It's my "If you're afraid of this knife then there's just no hope for you" knife that I carry and use when out and about around town.

Very nice. I've sandbagged getting a fiddleback for a long time... not really sure why anymore. So many good models to choose from. Think I want a recluse or lady finger.

They're all so pretty.

My third FF showed up today; the blue dyed curly maple BabyBoot I picked it up from Lee at Ye Old Cutlery. It was used as new. This to me is pretty much the perfect size of EDC knife if you don't mind a three finger knife. If you do mind, the full size BushBoot is the way to go.The Monarch is a little big for me for EDC, Might sound funny coming from a guy who's EDC pistol is a Wilson Carry Comp 9mm!

So far, one of my favorite features of the 3 FFs below, the PINK and Natural liners on the BushBoot. That's just AWESOME!

There are a few on today's upcoming Friday sale that have my eye. Let's see how quick my typing fingers are come 9PM! If I even remember!!!! I have toast my alarm for sure!

Featuring my new BabyBoot that showed up today! I even took the FrogLube off the Blades for today's pics :)

48648050588_d534ca5102_k.jpg

48648050588_d534ca5102_k.jpg

48648550362_953c25943c_k.jpg

I was writing a article about of the Tucker Gunleather DC-2 IWB Holster yesterday and included the BushBoot in some pics :)

48648417896_e9215d14a3_k.jpg

48648049943_0bb11a84bc_k.jpg

Welcome to the community! Nice choices. I edc a Babyboot myself a lot of the time. But I still want another Monarch for EDC soon if I can somehow manage to land the right one.

They're good users as well. My son's a Recluse buff. loves that model and has 4 or 5.

I missed out on one in the exchange. Was trying to work out a trade but someone offered cash so I lost out. Ther will be more. I really think one with an orange buraltex micarta, or whatever it's called, would be pretty nifty. I think the duke is the other model that really calls to me. Someday I'll get around to doing a better job stalking the Fiddlebacks in the exchange and on Friday's.

Last edited:
congrats!"
ive got the matching Loner I posted earlier in the "what Fiddleback are you totin'" thread.

on a side note...i posted a video on IG while at the SEC championship tailgate last year that got 8k views featuring it

LXS97wxl.jpg

The Monarch is still my favorite and the Bushboot is right behind it in my preferred use line up - both are easy to carry and versatile.

That blue Babyboot is sweet - nice catch on all 4 of your Fiddlebacks.

I like the look of the Bushboot, looks like a handy size. How does the Babyboot work as an EDC, three finger grip?

Fiddleback Number 4, the Ruby Snowbill, showed up yesterday. I bogut it on last week's FF Friday sale!

48693227226_c489d1705e_k.jpg

I won this FF, or should I say stole this FF, on eBay last night :) Don't know what FF Number 5 is yet, but it looks cool!

48691568356_66128c3f35.jpg

48691230913_aed5390176.jpg

I like the look of the Bushboot, looks like a handy size. How does the Babyboot work as an EDC, three finger grip?

Honestly it is too small for me. I'm a big guy. It's already a 3 finger knife for a smaller person. It has it's role, but wouldn't be my choice for EDC. The babyboot is 5.5" overall. I need at least a 6.5" to 7.25" FF to get my hands on the handle. That's a better size for me for everyday carry. I would like to get a Pocket Kephart, but I'm afraid it will be another 3 finger job for me.

Back