1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My First Fiddlebacks!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by harrishmasher, Aug 27, 2019.

1. harrishmasher

harrishmasher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2015
    As a long time auto and folding knife collector, I just started making my way into Fixed Blade Knives. I now find myself carrying a Fixed Blade as my EDC knife. I make the EDC knife distinction because a knife isn't my only EDC!

I started buying fixed blades a couple of months back and bought a bunch of Anza's, and have moved on to Fiddlebacks. I think there is somewhat of a natural progression from Anza to Fiddleback. Kind of of a step up.

My first two FiddleBacks arrived yesterday! A Monarch With Cherry Bomb Burlap Handles (white and natural liners) and and a Bush Boot with Turquoise Burlap handles (pink and natural liners). I have a Baby Bush with Blue Dyed Curly maple handles inbound on Thursday :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    WELCOME ABOARD!!! :thumbsup: You will most certainly enjoy your Fiddleback knives. You will also meet some of the best people around here in this forum. It's a great community of folks AND owning @Fiddleback knives is a huge step up!! Your first two look awesome by the way. I will guarantee you many more will come along. You've been bitten my friend. :D

3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Welcome aboard!
    Thats some nice hardware

Outpost Allison and Choppaman like this.
  4. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Welcome! I like your Bushboot!

B Griffin, Tutone and Choppaman like this.
  5. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Welcome! You’re off to a great start!

Choppaman and VANCE like this.
  6. mugwump867

mugwump867 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Nice stuff! You're going to like that Baby Bushboot when it arrives. I have one in sapphire burlap micarta with a fancy mosaic pin. It's my "If you're afraid of this knife then there's just no hope for you" knife that I carry and use when out and about around town.

7. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Very nice choice on those two

VANCE and Choppaman like this.
  8. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Welcome! Nice choices.

VANCE and Choppaman like this.
  9. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Welcome! You’ve made excellent choices for your first ones. I’m a big Babyboot and Bushboot fan, especially for edc purposes. You will love them!

NoRest, VANCE and Choppaman like this.
  10. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Very nice. I've sandbagged getting a fiddleback for a long time... not really sure why anymore. So many good models to choose from. Think I want a recluse or lady finger.

They're all so pretty.

Bmurray and Outpost Allison like this.
  11. harrishmasher

Dec 21, 2015
    My third FF showed up today; the blue dyed curly maple BabyBoot I picked it up from Lee at Ye Old Cutlery. It was used as new. This to me is pretty much the perfect size of EDC knife if you don't mind a three finger knife. If you do mind, the full size BushBoot is the way to go.The Monarch is a little big for me for EDC, Might sound funny coming from a guy who's EDC pistol is a Wilson Carry Comp 9mm!

So far, one of my favorite features of the 3 FFs below, the PINK and Natural liners on the BushBoot. That's just AWESOME!

There are a few on today's upcoming Friday sale that have my eye. Let's see how quick my typing fingers are come 9PM! If I even remember!!!! I have toast my alarm for sure!

Featuring my new BabyBoot that showed up today! I even took the FrogLube off the Blades for today's pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was writing a article about of the Tucker Gunleather DC-2 IWB Holster yesterday and included the BushBoot in some pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Welcome to the community! Nice choices. I edc a Babyboot myself a lot of the time. But I still want another Monarch for EDC soon if I can somehow manage to land the right one.

13. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    They're good users as well. My son's a Recluse buff. loves that model and has 4 or 5.

B Griffin and bikerector like this.
  14. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I missed out on one in the exchange. Was trying to work out a trade but someone offered cash so I lost out. Ther will be more. I really think one with an orange buraltex micarta, or whatever it's called, would be pretty nifty. I think the duke is the other model that really calls to me. Someday I'll get around to doing a better job stalking the Fiddlebacks in the exchange and on Friday's.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    VANCE and B Griffin like this.
  15. harrishmasher

Dec 21, 2015
    Well #4 is a SnowBill. The force was with me this Friday night at 9PM! Lots sold out in the first minute. One was me!

[​IMG]

Outpost Allison likes this.
  16. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    congrats!"
    ive got the matching Loner I posted earlier in the "what Fiddleback are you totin'" thread.

on a side note...i posted a video on IG while at the SEC championship tailgate last year that got 8k views featuring it

17. Hurrul

Hurrul Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

The Monarch is still my favorite and the Bushboot is right behind it in my preferred use line up - both are easy to carry and versatile.

That blue Babyboot is sweet - nice catch on all 4 of your Fiddlebacks.

Bmurray and Nbrackett like this.
  18. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I like the look of the Bushboot, looks like a handy size. How does the Babyboot work as an EDC, three finger grip?

19. harrishmasher

Dec 21, 2015
    Fiddleback Number 4, the Ruby Snowbill, showed up yesterday. I bogut it on last week's FF Friday sale!

[​IMG]

I won this FF, or should I say stole this FF, on eBay last night :) Don't know what FF Number 5 is yet, but it looks cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nbrackett likes this.
  20. harrishmasher

Dec 21, 2015
    Honestly it is too small for me. I'm a big guy. It's already a 3 finger knife for a smaller person. It has it's role, but wouldn't be my choice for EDC. The babyboot is 5.5" overall. I need at least a 6.5" to 7.25" FF to get my hands on the handle. That's a better size for me for everyday carry. I would like to get a Pocket Kephart, but I'm afraid it will be another 3 finger job for me.