My First Forged Blade

IT has taken me a while to get the sheath and post pictures but here it is.

I purchased my very first Forged Blade from Terry Primos at the Moran Hammer In in Frederick, MD.

I believe it is still one of a kind Mini Montero with Ironwood Handle and 1084 Blade.

Lifter made the sheath so that it can be carried IWB by putting the Belt Loop on a flap that folds the knife down into the Waist Band.

The knife and sheath are both awesome.

Attachments

• mini_montero_2.jpg
    mini_montero_2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 242
So you're the one that got that beauty, everytime I see it on his website I want it. Great sheath to go with it ! Dave

Great looking little knife and sheath. I am envious.

I don't need to tell you that both Terry and Dave are wonderful gentlemen to work with.

Thanks guys.I have to tell you I liked the knife so much I emailed Terry and ordered one. I just need to call him and workout the specific details.

Dave did a great job on that sheath. The IWB carry is idea is perfect for this little knife.

This one is not the same one that was on my website. That one went to Les Roberston, then on to someone else.

This one is similar to the other one, but is one-of-a-kind in that I forged it from 3/16" stock instead of the standard 1/4" stock. I think it ended up being about 1/8" thick at the ricasso. I'll be interested to hear about how the thinner knife does for you.

Oh crap! I still haven't sent you a Certificate of Authenticity have I? Man I'm sorry. I'll get that out soon. I have been up to my eyeballs in work, trying to get some knives ready for the Arkansas show next month as well as trying to squeeze out orders to keep food on the table.

I am finding the thickness just right for this knife. It is just a touch over 1/8" at the back (edge touching the outside of both lines on the small ruler I had in the photo.) at the front face of the guard.

Plenty strong and thin enough to be a wickedly efficient cutter.

Terry,

Take your time on the certificate. I would like to have it but this knife is not going anywhere except on my belt.

Back