1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My First Giveaway

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by AlwaysTomboy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. AlwaysTomboy

AlwaysTomboy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2016
    I've been waiting for the right occasion to do a giveaway and pass on this knife to someone who will appreciate it more, and I believe the time has come. I was recently the recipient of some awesome generosity from @knowtracks, who, upon reading about me carelessly messing up my order for the 2017 forum knife, was kind enough to offer to sell me his extra at the regular retail price. Thanks to him, I have my first TC barlow and my first forum knife.

As thanks and appreciation, I'd like to pass on a bit of good will to someone else. This is a GEC 73 that I bought already well used because I like the 72 so much that I thought I'd like the 73 as well. It turns out I don't, and so it's been sitting unused and unloved in my knife case for the better part of a year. The etching is faded, the blade has some scratches, and there's a bit of vertical play, but it still locks up just fine and I believe it has a lot of life left in it.

[​IMG]

If anyone out there would like a user GEC, simply reply and let me know you're in. Only stipulation is that if the winner ends up not liking the knife, that he or she pass it on to someone else rather than selling it.

I'll let this run until the September 15th and then I'll pick a winner at random.

Thanks to all who make this forum a friendly and interesting place to hang out. :)

2. Zombie411

Zombie411

Aug 5, 2017
    What a wonderful thing for you to do!

While I have no need for such a knife, I find the majority of members here to be so kind hearted and generous that it is kind of heart warming. Who would ever think that a bunch of Knife Knutz were so soft.
    Kudos to you Always T

seas165, Titan and AlwaysTomboy like this.
  3. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    A green liner lock? Oh boy I'm in.

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  4. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Very generous of you. :)
    Not an entry, since I am unworthy to own a GEC. That knife is worth far more than I am. :)

r redden likes this.
  5. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    I'm in. What a nice turn of events @AlwaysTomboy ! Thank you for posting this.

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  6. AlwaysTomboy

AlwaysTomboy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2016
    I respectfully beg to differ. GECs are great knives. You are a great person. Sounds like a great match to me. ;)

Seriously, you're welcome to enter if you're interested. :)

Grateful likes this.
  7. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    Wow Tomboy what a great 1st GAW. :thumbsup: I would love to participate and thank you so much.

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  8. teddy1093

teddy1093 Gold Member Gold Member

May 12, 2017
    I'm in ,thanks for doing this.

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  9. blademan 13

blademan 13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Count me in for 3 good reasons;

1. It's a #73!
    2. Always wanted to try a liner-lock!
    3. It's green!

Thanks for the opportunity and the cool GAW:thumbsup:

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  10. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Excellent giveaway, @AlwaysTomboy! I've never had a #73, so I'd like to put my name in the hat. Thanks!

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  11. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I've been very lucky in GAW's so I have been not entering in a lot of them lately, but I happen to know someone who could really use this knife. So, in honor of my friend who needs a nice knife, I am in.

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  12. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Not an entry, but a fine knife for a lucky winner!
    Congrats on getting your feet wet, @AlwaysTomboy!!

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  13. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I may be a "great person", but I'm still only worth a couple bucks, at most. (Most of my family would dissagree with me, though. :) They would sincerely tell you I am worth far, far less than nothing.)
    If you're sure I'm worthy of a GEC, then I'll say "I'm in" and "good luck to all the others who enter." :)
    Thank you for the chance. :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Grateful and AlwaysTomboy like this.
  14. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    I'm in. I love traditional locking folders and I love this style.

Zieg

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  15. cthorness

cthorness

Jan 9, 2008
    I'm in, thanks

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  16. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I'm in. I love the 73.

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  17. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Not an entry as the 73 is just a bit too large for me to actually carry. Thank you for your generosity and good on you for jumping in with both feet!

Good luck to all entrants! That green bone is gorgeous.

AlwaysTomboy likes this.
  18. Titan

Titan

Jan 21, 1999
    I sure would like to win this beautiful folder. It will be my first GEC, if ever. Thank you for the opportunity, AlwaysTomboy! :thumbsup:

Hickory n steel and AlwaysTomboy like this.
  19. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    What a nice looking knife, how could I not be in.
    I'm definitely in , green is my favorite color and I also don't own a GEC knife yet.

Titan and AlwaysTomboy like this.
  20. Frisky

Frisky

Dec 1, 2010
    Thank you for the chance! I have to get in here, because I don't have a green knife or a GEC!

Joe

AlwaysTomboy likes this.