My First JK!

Well after months of anticipation, it has finally arrived!

003.JPG

It came with a pretty great working edge, as you can see.

005.JPG

Numero Uno. Think this is going to catch on, John?

006.JPG

Here is a comparison with my pocket knife, a Schrade 8 OT and a Becker Eskabar to give a little bit of scale.

008.JPG

This knife fits my hand like it was made for it...:D

010.JPG

One thing that I don't see mentioned often is how well the sheaths are made.
This sheath is solid, sits on my belt just right, and fits the knife nice and snug.

012.JPG

Thank you John, for a wonderful knife and outstanding service.:thumbup:

Congrats Cooper - bring that with you on Saturday if you don't mind!

Nice little knife for what have you tasks.

Johns leather work is utilitarian, but well thought out and quality - I have never had a sheath problem with a JK made sheath.

Thanks for the pics and once again, congrats on your first JK!

best

mqqn

Thanks, Andy.
It will definitely be coming along.
Probably going to give you a shout tomorrow. When would be a good time?

agreed! congrats Coop! i love the handle shape, and i love me some wharnie/sheepsfoot blades. also really like the overall shape of the steel. i like it went the knife spine is a bit "bent." don't know what to call it, but when the blade rises up a bit from the handle...kinda like a mini thumb ramp but with much better aesthetics. anyway...thanks for the pics...and congrats.

I thought you might like the 1. As I mentioned, I like how the design feels in my hand, the subtle finger notch feels "just right." I like this one as an all around cutter and work knife.

Thanks John. I like it too. A lot.:D

One thing that I didn't notice until after admiring it for a while, it has a distal taper. I wasn't expecting that at all, it adds a nice touch and will definitely make it cut better.

That looks great. I bet it feels good and the blade shape just begs to be worked.

looks great, i like the design, handle looks comfy, blade useful, overall a great package. Jk sheaths do stand the test of work as well, you're absolutely right.

Congrats that knife looks like a dandy! I like the blade shape a lot, looks really handy.

Hi Cooper

10:30 am is good.

Best

mqqn

Congrats Coop,that's a sweet looking knife ya got there.
And #1 to boot!

Very nice design and congrats on your first JK.

That looks like a very versatile blade shape and, even lacking the belly of most hunting designs, looks like it would work well for field dressing work or as a small game/trout knife.

Hope you enjoy it!

Back