1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

My first Khuk

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Voodoo, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Voodoo

Voodoo

Jul 7, 2005
    I walked into work today, fairly pleased with myself because I had managed to get an extra hour of sleep, to find an odd, triangular box sitting on my desk. It took me only two seconds to deduce the only thing it could be and open that puppy up to reveal my new 16" Villager GRS. My first impressions were nothing but good, as I set about inspecting every inch of my newest treasure. I love it! The handle fits my hand nearly perfectly, not as uncomfortable as I first thought it would be. I like the weight on it too, not heavy enough to wear me out, but heavy enough to feel really useful. I'm not too sure about the handles on the accompaning knifes, they may take a little getting used to, but they seem tough and ready for the jobs I'll most likely throw at them. Can't wait to test it out. I've already had three of my co-workers (including my platoon sergeant) drooling over it, and have pointed them in the H.I. direction. We had to actually classify it as a tool in order to avoid having to mail it home, but thats really what it is anyway, right? Suffice to say, I'm really impressed with this, and I'm pretty sure where part of my re-enlistment bonus will be going. :D

2. IUKE12

IUKE12

Nov 25, 2005
    Voodoo,
    Congrats on the new TOOL purchase, that is a fantastic model for sure. I know you will enjoy putting it to work. Thank you for your service to the country, greatly appreciated. Stay safe.

3. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    Hey, man, when I was in 1-5, I kept mine in the locker with the mortar squad gear. Since the locker was locked, and we were supposed to have a machete as part of our gear anyway, it worked out. ;)

I'm sure you'll love it. I have a 17".

4. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Voodoo I love my 15" villager BGRS. I'm sure you will too. John has a really pretty 17" er. The GRS is a great design for getting work done. Good snag! Got pics?

5. Big Bob

Big Bob

Oct 13, 1999
    Nice choice on a first khuk, Voodoo. The 15-16" BGRS is a versatile khuk that is an impressive chopper for its size. Khuks like that better help you decide on what you want in a khuk for future purchases.

Bob

6. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Nothing better than that first triangular box, unless it's the second and third.

Hope you enjoy it. Make sure you test it some against some wood so you know it's sound.

munk

7. Hondo.3

Hondo.3

Oct 28, 2005
    Congrats on the new knife.

8. Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Jun 9, 1999
    :thumbup: Excellent first choice.

9. littleknife

littleknife

Nov 29, 2000
    Congratulations!:thumbup:

10. MauiRob

MauiRob

Nov 15, 2000
    Congrats Voodoo! There's nothing like the first one...enjoy:) :thumbup:

11. fdchase

fdchase

Dec 17, 2005
    Also enjoyed opening my first today, chiruwa ak. Using tomorrow. Excited, needless to say.