1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My First Mosaic

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by scottishsmith24, May 23, 2019.

1. scottishsmith24

scottishsmith24

Sep 4, 2012
    It's been forever since I posted, but I am still forging. I wanted to share my first attempt at a mosaic pattern. I have two more large bowies I was able to get out of the billet, but this was the first knife I forged from that bar of steel. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Rykjeklut, i4Marc, tyyreaun and 18 others like this.
  2. herdbull

herdbull Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Stunning pattern!!! Would love to see the Bowie’s

3. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Marvelous Damascus, as is the rest of the knife. :)

4. Grouser1741

Grouser1741

Apr 17, 2018
    Oh yeah that's working. Don't be a hold out and see the other two.

5. lhzeng

lhzeng Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Looks beautiful.

6. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Lovely pattern on the steel. Very visually appealing. That handle treatment is excellent too. Nice wood on that!

7. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    excellent ! i like the contrast of the pattern.

8. Logan Pearce

Logan Pearce Awesome Sauce Smith (A.S.S) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 21, 2012
    I wish I was this good!

9. parfums95

parfums95 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 24, 2008
    magnifique ,I was already crazy Musso and Van Hesling bowie, really beautiful your work ...

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  10. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    poinsettia pattern Damascus? ......not sure what you call it, but that was my first thought when I saw it lol ......stunning though, like others, I'd love to see the other 2

11. Todor Hristov

Todor Hristov KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 21, 2017
    In my opinion, every shape and color in this knife is in perfect harmony. The pattern of the blade is absolutely gorgeous.

12. Dago Red

Dago Red Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2008
    I agree, the pattern is a winner and that handle is equally killer. I’m sure the Bowie’s will be just as beautiful, this piece is to me a perfect size for edc

Red

13. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Very Nice looking work !!!

14. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Fantastic looking knife, everything about it.

15. KCGGBC

KCGGBC KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 14, 2012
    What a beauty!

16. PDQ knives

PDQ knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 10, 2018
    Beautiful work and materials! The pattern is stunning!

17. scottishsmith24

scottishsmith24

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you everyone for the kind compliments. I finally have a photo of one of the bowies, but there is still one more one the way. This one I altered the pattern a little bit. What do you think?

[​IMG] Thank

Rykjeklut likes this.
  18. MRego

MRego

Jul 5, 2019
    That's awesome. That must feel really good to make something like that. I have been into knives my whole life and I made a knife too when I was 14 or 15. I'll show you to see what you think.

19. MRego

MRego

Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019