My First Scagel Style knife

It is my rendition of a Scagel style knife. Blade is 4-1/4 inches made of O-1 forged to shape. Front bolsters are brass and the stached handles are made of leather, desert ironwood, buffalo horn, nickel silver and copper spacers. The main part of the handles are mammoth ivory. BTW this is a folder!!! Fileworked backbar and heat colored screws. The liners have been anodized a light blue. Overall length is 9-1/2 inches. There is also an ivory blade rest on the inside.
Thanks for looking,
Chuck

image_knife.asp

Keep making them, and you will get famous and make a lot of money.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

That may well be my all time favorite folder. I'm not kidding here. For my taste, you really hit the nail on the head. Outstanding!

Okay, another question. I don't see a thumb stud or a nail nick, so could you tell me if this is a locking folder, a slip joint or a ...?

Simply a brilliant idea, with superb execution, congratulations on a sure winner - I am with Keith though, what are the lock details?

Stephen

Freakin' AWESOME! Simply (probably not from your point of view ;) ) one of the coolest and most imaginative folders I have ever seen. While the handle speaks for itself, the blade shape is just grand. Together they are perfection.

You would really freak me out if you say it is an AUTO!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I have had the idea for a while and am now thinking on ways that I can expand on it. This is a linerlock, no nail nick or thubstud to try and keep it genuine looking and like a fixed blade. If I do another one I'll Contact Jim Bhering or Dr. Jim Lucie to see if I can borrow a stamp for the blade to make it look even more genuine. I'll try to have this at blade but it might not last that long.
Thanks,
Chuck

Fantasic looking folder Chuck.That is one tobe very proud of.That's what I call thinking outside the box.

Back