My first Sebenza.

I just got my first Sebenza and I must say I'm impressed. I'm in Kentucky for a wedding and talked my wife into letting me visit a cutlery shop today. There it was in the case calling to me.

Now it's mine. No box or papers but it's a beautiful Large Plain knife. The shop owner assured me that it is new but he couldn't find the papers and I didn't really have the time to stick around while he searched his stock room.

Ah well, am I missing anything by not having these?

Brian_T
brianthornburg@home.com

You would be missing something as far as resale is concerned, and information to have for your benefit.

I would call and try to get him to trace it down, maybe he will send it to you.

Congratulations and welcome to the fold!

You're not missing anything, Brian, unless you want to know when your Sebenza was born.

-Greg

Hi Brian, I'm waiting for Larry from KNIFEART.COM to call me when he gets his next Sebenza supply in, I've got my name on one of em! Cant wait! Maybe this coming week. ....What knife store did you go to? I live in Cincinnati but work in KY and I am always looking for new places to go.

------------------
~Keith~
"War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

Hey Keith,
I live in Cincinnati also. I'm glad to know there are some other knife nuts around. I know there had to be, but I have only met one other person. Well two actually.
Brian,
I'm also interested in what cutlery shop in Kentucky carries Sebenzas. The only one I can think of is Heimerdingers (if that's even close to the right spelling) in Louisville. You won't be disappointed in the Sebenza, and don't hesitate to use it. There's way more joy in using one than looking at it.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Paul,

That is, indeed, the store where I found it. They even have a web site but it is for information only. However, if you haven't been there yet, I STRONGLY recommend going. The prices aren't the lowest I've seen but he does have several handmade pieces on display.

The website can be seen at: http://www.heimerdingercutlery.com

Brian_T
brianthornburg@home.com

Thanks Brian. Heimerdinger has been in Louisville for years and years. I believe they are still run by the family that started it. I'm glad to know they are carrying some custom and handmade stuff. I hope you enjoy your Sebenza. It's hard to beat a Sebenza for all around utility and performance.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Brian, I concur, you're not missing out, the wrench can be bought locally, the only thing would be for resale value, it's nice to have the history that the paper work provides.
If they can dig it up for you, I'd asked them to, not a big hurry but it would be a nice thing to keep.
And welcome to the `Benza Family!

G2

------------------
My mind is made up,
So don't confuse me with the facts!

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

Gillett PA

Don't worry about them. If you're keeping th Sebenza for awhile, then it's cool
smile.gif

------------------
-Humpty

"Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty dumpty had a great fall.
Maybe Humpty should of had a knife."

Hi Keith & Paul,

I also live in the Cincinnati area and just ordered a small plain Sebenza today.
Maybe I'll post when I recieve it.

Greg

Man! I just left the Cincinnati area a few months ago! Maybe sebenza people could start forming "user groups" that meet periodically for lunch/dinner?

DaveH

Back