1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My first Swamp Rat is a MMD

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Yonose, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    Mike Pierson and einsteinjon like this.
  2. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    When I first saw one, it was at knob creek.

Beef called it "the MASTER CHOPPER"

Mike Pierson and Yonose like this.
  3. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Sorry to resurrect a deadish thread. I couldn't help but be super effig excited about my INFI MMD arriving tomorrow.

Hard Knocks and Mike Pierson like this.
  4. Mike Pierson

Mike Pierson Proud Veteran Platinum Member

Dec 22, 2017
    83AD0E85-AD55-42DE-AE82-7DB773192D93.jpeg
    INFI + Big & balanced = happy hawgs

inkynate and Yonose like this.
  5. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    Out for delivery

Mike Pierson likes this.
  6. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    It's here. It's GLORIOUS.

inkynate and Mike Pierson like this.
  7. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    This is the perfect blade tt me. Now. Hear me out. "To me" being the words to concentrate on here obviously.

INFI. Check
    Under .25" thick. Check
    Over 8" long blade. Check
    Over 1" wide blade. Check
    Full flat grind. Check
    Less choil. Check!

That last one is the real reason I'm so excited about this one tbh. It's speedy! Balanced! The spine is sharp enough.

I think it's super. I may seriously never buy another knife. I just have this strange feeling of contentment right now. My INFI MMD will protect me.

Mike Pierson and Yonose like this.
  8. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Passed at the time because I have so many other choppers, but you've made me want one again. Congrats!!

9. Mike Pierson

Mike Pierson Proud Veteran Platinum Member

Dec 22, 2017
    ;)

10. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    I haven’t had any problems with rust once I scrubbed off completely what they call the decarb layer off my original sr77. At <4% chromium it’s not as stain resistant as infi, nor does it seem to hold as sharp an edge for as long. Maybe I’ve got to convex the edge as it is no doubt the king of choppers, I assume it weighs twice as much as the full flat version. I’ve seen sr77 dogs put through a vise and bent into a semicircle, something I wouldn’t try with infi(almost 8%chromium).
    My mmd is on the short list to accompany my planned retirement in the wilderness.