My First Tackett

thurin

Wanderer
Here's another "My First Tackett" post.

After seeing Matt's "Damascus Scandi-puukko inspired" creation from a few months back I asked him to make one up that was similar, but with a longer blade and larger handle for my big hands. Here's what I received today and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Blade is 1/8" 1095, 4" scandi. Handle is Burlap over Jade G10 and 4 1/2".

P1060503_zps16f31855.png

P1060499_zpsc0d64103.png

P1060493_zps9a4984c2.png

I was planning on going hiking today so I could have a chance to play with my new Tackett in the woods, but plans change (taking the kids to a neighborhood pool party) but I did get a chance to relax on the front porch sipping some coffee and playing with the knife. Not a true test of course, but I like how it handles and is really comfortable in my hand.

P1060517_zpseb66cbde.png

I know that's a cutter, I've got one of his scandis. Beautiful knife man.

I know that's a cutter, I've got one of his scandis. Beautiful knife man.

I saw yours over at bcusa. Sweet looking blade. Matt's scandi's are great carvers. I had some more fun with it after I took that pic. Very comfortable and cuts like a dream.

Beautiful blade.

That's a great looking knife, I love the scandi style of the blade with those burlap handles!

Beautiful one thurin! You have been killin me with the scandis you've been picking up lately!!

Sweet lookin' blade, congrats.

Back