My first

I got my first Sebenza today. Its a large classic LH with bg42. I am thrilled. I had never had the oppertunity to handle one of these and traded for it based soley on the extremely high opinion so many folks have of this knife. Well I now know why. The handle is great, the blade is great (though mine needs some sharpening() and the size and feel are awesome. It feels like it will make a great sd knife which surprised me. Should I avoid doing inertial openings? Also is there anything I should know about sharpening, generally I use a sharpmaker with good results.

Thanks for any thoughts and for all your opinions on this knife that led me to getting one.

Sam

Congrats on what is sure to be one of your Favorite if not THE favorite knife you will own! I got my first Sebenza in September of this year, a Large Classic, and last month purchased a small Regular. I can say without a doubt these are some Superb specimens! :D I don't think you will regret your decision one bit, and if you do you will not have a problem selling/ trading it later! I think the Sharpmaker should provide you with good results if you are already comfortable using it on your other knives. As to inertia openings, I have been told that Chris Reeve does not recommend this kind of opening. I have found that mine seem a little tight for this kind of opening, so I am happy just to feel its buttery-smooth opening in the traditional one-handed manner. Once again, Congrats and welcome to your new addiction (Sebenzas!) ;)

Back