My friend got his SBT today I am soooo jealous.

I just checked out a friends SBT today! He got it from a dealer.
I am waiting on mine because I can get Buck/Striders from a wholesaler here in CT area at or near cost. Even at full $150.00 retail or internet retail $135.00 or so, the SBT is one hell of a great knife.
The design inputs from Tarani and Strider really make the knife.
I especially like the roughed up top section for two hand openings very secure opening method. The thumb hole is perfectly placed and is easily opened left or right handed and I am not ambi oriented, I can imagine a lefty LOVING this knife.
One commendable additon to the Buck/Striders is the ambi studs and reversable pocket clips that they are using now.
I am thinking of setting my SBT up right side carry and setting my BU880SP up for left side carry, the knive are that good and I want both as my EDC. Like I said I am waiting to get one back channel from my source at cost so my wait might be a bit longer than some of the guys who are getting SBT's as we speak!
I was a bit sceptical of the Zytel handles, in the past having broken Spyderco endura handle scales, but these are thick and seem very heavy duty. The checkering on them is perfect and in the time I played with my friends SBT cutting a few things the knife held my hand great, no slip. It also has no give when gripped super hard in the hand, some folders I feel flex when gripped strong but no the SBT.

The finger choil area is great also something I wish the BU880SP had but it does take some blade away to be there.

The SBT blade is a thick spear point and I love the design. It mirrors the SnG so you know its got a great design and a heavily field tested past from Mick and Duane. I heard Mick cut a 6 inch tree in half with an SnG and a hammer on the spine, while the SBT might not make this test ( I think it would ) It is still a very heavy duty folder. Its hard to explain but holding the SBT today I got the feeling that its a real solid knife. You know its perfect when you pick it up.
Razor sharp out of the box, my friend was amazed at how sharp it is. Sharpen than my new 880SP out of box.
The liner lock is a bit thin or should I say thinner than the 880SP liner. But and this is a big BUT! Its not Ti and actually the steel version is stronger than Ti IMO. Ti liners need to be flame treated to hold up and not gum up on the harder blade steel. Anyway the SBT Buck Striders are way cool. I noticed ZERO blade play and it had a smooth opening.
I will be interested in seeing how the liner wears in.

I had a tough time giving it back!

I would also say that there are rumors of a version with G-10 scales and S30V steel that ones is on my list also to get but the current version is the knife of the year IMO meaning THE KNIFE OF THE YEAR for 2003 and 2004!!!!

Back