My Gibbs' Knives

BrianB43

Gold Member
I hope these pics provide a little entertainment.

The first 2 photos are fronts and backs of my collection of the knives used by Gibbs on the TV show NCIS. Then I have some clips from the show for each knife.

9bqtevy.jpg

CdaRc6p.jpg

From Season1, Episode 17 - the Gerber Fred Carter I
DbVJM2M.jpg

From Season 3, Episode 14 - the Ken Onion Leek 1660ST
9YfqwL2.jpg

From Season 7, Episode 12 - the Zero Tolerance 0301 (Ranger Green). The ZT 0302 (Coyote Brown) has been used more often in the show - I just couldn't afford both!
KEgjidI.jpg

Enjoy, Brian

PS It isn't easy getting mint copies of these blades when you live in Canada. ;)

Nice!!!!! I do enjoy the show, I try to catch knives and see if I can identify them, I think I saw a Police 4 in SS on Chicago P.D

Nice!!!!! I do enjoy the show, I try to catch knives and see if I can identify them, I think I saw a Police 4 in SS on Chicago P.D

The knife I’ve seen the most on Chicago PD, especially the earlier episodes, is a saber-ground, combo-edged Endura 4 carried by “Hank Voight”. It might still be shown, but I haven’t watched the show in awhile.

Jim

I've seen Gibbs use the ZT Ranger green 301 on the show (big fan) but not the other blades. In one episode Ziva flashed a knife but I couldn't quite make out the make and model.

I’ve seen Ziva kill a bad woman by throwing a Cold Steel Kobun tanto into her chest.

Ziva killed a serial killer who used a SS Spyderco Police. Then when the knife was in a clear tube in evidence, it mysteriously changed into a SS Endura.

Tony DiNozzo (sp?) showed Gibbs a closed Endura once when Gibbs told him about his rule of always carrying a knife.

McGee used a serrated Endura or Delica to cut someone free from rope.

I thought I once saw Ziva pull out a Masters Of Defense knife.

One baddie who briefly worked in the lab with Abby ended up pulling a large or XL Cold Steel tanto Voyager on her.

Once Dr. Mallard used a Victorinox SAK stuck into a wall with the tools pointing in the direction in which he fled his captors, so Gibbs and company could find him.

I don’t know if there are still any knives in NCIS, because I haven’t watched the show in years, but I remembered these scenes.

Jim

Gibbs has cost me some money over the years. I probably found this place, indirectly, because of him.

I'd been carrying a Kershaw Scallion for several years when I saw Gibbs open a crate (or defuse a bomb?) with his tiger striped ZT. Decided that was my next knife. I went to the next gun show looking for one. The 0301 was more expensive, and more knife, than I could do. The fella I was with bought a tiger striped Blur. Bigger than I was accustomed to. I kept looking and fell in lust with the Benchmade North Fork. Still too much money. Ended up buying a Buck small Vantage with Diamond Wood and Sandvick blade. Perfect, except that I couldn't forget about the Benchmade.

Well, it turns out that my favorite local gun shop sells Benchmade and ZT at lower prices that almost anyone. So I ended up with a North Fork. Then a TS 0350. (Both Onion designs, the 0350 feels a lot like my old Scallion, grown up, on steroids.) In the years since, a few more Benchmades and a few more ZTs.

But that 0350 is still one of my favorites. I usually have it in my pocket on Tuesday evenings, too.

I forgot to mention in my post that one episode had a Benchmade Nimravus. IIRC, it was the one where McGee’s sister was framed for a murder by some cheerleader for stabbing a navy man.

Jim

Back