My Gunting at the airport

Finally had the chance to try to take my Gunting through airport security.

It was so quick:
I handed the security woman my Gunting...
She opened it to look at the blade...
Then she said "Oh, I thought it would be bigger." (No jokes fellas)
Then she handed it back to me and I went on my happy way!

Success!!!

Bram's design of a take-anywhere defense knife has worked great for me!
biggrin.gif

BTW, this was at BWI airport. YMMV

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ThinkOfTheChildren:

Then she said "Oh, I thought it would be bigger." (No jokes fellas)

[/B]</font>

Now, why would you think we would joke about this? Were all serious and superbly respectful people here. All adults, right??

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously though, great that you got it through the airport. Now, should this go into the category of a)sad that we should be surprised by this or b)score one for our side(aren't we all pretty much on the same side?)?

------------------
Sean

If you find you must throw something at me, please make it a custom.

"May your blade chip and shatter"- Dune Fremen fighting saying

BWI ? Thats my airport !!
smile.gif
I would consider you very very lucky. Last year they were forced to upgrade security measures to comply with State of Maryland guidelines. I tried taking my Swisstool with me last may, needless to say they stopped me cold and I missed my flight.

If you have a chance email me with what area you live in, would love to know
smile.gif

Dark Nemesis

------------------
Crimson Horizon
Nothing but edge baby...
dark.nemesis@home.com

um, I wouldn't try getting a Gunting through O'Hare! Those folks are prettu uptight, have prohibited small SAK's from getting through . . . & they don't have lockers where you can store the knife until your return!

------------------
[previously incarnated as fishface, since 10/98]

the beatings will continue until morale improves

You were certainly lucky. 3 months ago I was at the Atlanta Airport bound for D.C. and saw a guy get harassed for a cheap flea market knife with a blade that could not have been more than 3.2 inches.

At Orlando last week I was stopped by security because of my small benchmade ascent,non-serrated,3" blade. "This is a really bad one" I was told, then forced to check it with baggage.
I'm planning on writing a letter....
JB

Also,
the dummies were so upset about my "really bad" knife that they missed my leatherman pst2 and small SAK. (they said they can't even let an razor blade on the flight) I feel SOOOO much safer with them on duty.
JB

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dark Nemesis:
BWI ? Thats my airport !!
smile.gif
I would consider you very very lucky. Last year they were forced to upgrade security measures to comply with State of Maryland guidelines. I tried taking my Swisstool with me last may, needless to say they stopped me cold and I missed my flight.
</font>

Interesting. I also flew through BWI last May. Spyderco small Centofante in my carry-on, and CF Dragonfly as a money clip. Security turned the Dragonfly over (i.e., money side down), presumably to see how big the blade was, but gave me absolutely no grief.

------------------
Dave

Let no one ever from henceforth say one word in any way countenancing war. It is dangerous even to speak of how here and there the individual may gain some hardship of soul by it. For war is hell, and those who institute it are criminals. Siegfried Loraine Sassoon

Back