• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

My knife idea - picture

Helo all,
this is my first knife which I made from annealing steel. Steel is similar AISI420, HRC 55-57. What you think about it.
knife.jpg

Pavel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. _____//O\ _________
<_________(#########)

[This message has been edited by slon (edited 28 September 1999).]

Not bad! What kind of finish did you used? I can't really tell, it looks like bead blasted. I like the 3 holes that you've drilled out in the center but if you don't mind me commenting, i prefer a dark coloured cord. Black or olive would be nice. What are the dimensions?
Overall, i think it's A-O.K!

Fininish is very simple: etching by aqua regia for a few second. Surface is gray - from light do dark - depend on etching time. White cord I used, because I get only white or pastel colour. Diameter is 5 mm (about 1/5").
Pavel

[This message has been edited by slon (edited 28 September 1999).]

Slon,
Well, why not start right out with a double edge! If you can make your grind lines straight on one of those, other styles will be easy!! The design is straight forward and looks pretty functional with the serrations. I like the white cord.
I don't epoxy coat my wrapping. My customers say they have fun undoing the wrap and trying other materials on the Tantos I make. I have seen everything on them from my standard black silk to O.D. paracord and neon pink roller skate lace!!!
Don't ever sell that knife, no matter how many you make, keep the first one!
Keep up the good work!

Neil Blackwood

------------------
http://members.aol.com/blademakr/BlackwoodWP.html

Back