My knives!!

what you think????
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222-1.jpg

nice! I like the fixed blade best but why does it seem to have black electric tape all over the blade? what is it?

I agree with Jill_Jackson. I am unaware of any steel that would form lines like those during heat treat. My first guess was tape, also. I suppose someone might have oxidized specific areas of the blade to produce that pattern, but I have a hard time believing the lines are from just a heat treat.

hahaha you guy still think it tape or what.

i got it from a knife maker over here and i think if i can remember that its heat treatment or sand blast. somthing i cant remember but its NOT tape.

why in the hell would i tape my blade

hahaha you guy still think it tape or what.

i got it from a knife maker over here and i think if i can remember that its heat treatment or sand blast. somthing i cant remember but its NOT tape.

why in the hell would i tape my blade

Same reason you bought a knife that looks like it has tape on it would be my guess. :D

If the maker had blackened the entire blade, then masked off what are now the black areas and had then sand-blasted the blade, that would leave exactly that type of pattern. I didn't mean to doubt your word about it not being tape. I just don't think that the black pattern could be from a treat.

And you do have a nice set of blades.

What is the knife 4th down on the left? I'm getting eye strain.

i think thats one of those military CRKT folders with the double flipper guard . at least thats what they used to call the style. i have one without the guards M-18 is what i think the model is.

Really did like seeing the Rukus and Skermish (sp?) setting side by side. Nice for me to compare these great knives. Want them both.... gotta' choose one though.
WOOK

Hey Richiequan,
Good job with the electrical tape! hehehe Probably whoever sold it to you or whoever did the "tape" job heated the blade to make the coating stick, but I don;t think the "heat treatment" process is gonna do that.

Very nice collection! I love that Nimravus (biased) and seeing it lined up with the Rukus and Skirmish sure give a good sense of how big those folders really are! Oh, did I mention I like the electrical tape job on the fixed blade? ;)

Nice :thumbup:

The tanto grip looks like it's missing a chunk of the spine(?)

i think thats one of those military CRKT folders with the double flipper guard . at least thats what they used to call the style. i have one without the guards M-18 is what i think the model is.

I thought so too but I didn't know they put such a shine on their blades. It's good looking.

The blade in the pic looks silver. All I could find was a black one. Damn thats sweet.

Yeah the titanium nitride coating they use is a bit shiny but I think it's pretty cool.
If you like that style of blade and want a satin finish do a search for a CRK&T M18 it might be something you like and there discontinued if I remember correctly so you should be able to score a deal on one.

Helle

Back