My latest creation-a reproduction style Bowie and sheath in Damascus (pic's)

Here is the one that I was trying to get finished before the symposium,Which I did.Now for the spec's:nickel silver hardware,Ebony handle, The woodgrain Damascus that I used for this piece was created from everything including the kitchen sink,lets see now,I put in some car spring,cable,plow point,horse shoe,nuts,bolts,screws,nails,drill bits,wrench's,sockets,a tap,ball bearings,a ballpeen hammer head,socket extension,rail road spike,saw blade,a piece of a old kitchen sink,and a carbide cutter bit from the dremal tool (I won't do this in a mix again as it just brocke up in the mix instead of stretching,and then just kept popping up in the finished knife like a old tire coming out of the ground,and it doesnt grind so the last piece in the blade was where I couldn't get it out and had to leave it like a little spot and it is a small bump in the flat,I tested it and the piece is not going to make the blade weak and wont come out of the blade so it is not a bad spot in the blade really.It could be thought of that way but I figure that I put it in the mix and it stayed so it can't be a bad spot.)There may be some other things in the mix but I cannot remember everything.
The sheath is made out of the same billet of Damascus and then has a nickel silver throat and tip added to it.This was my first attempt at the Damascus body but not my last.This Bowie is for sale at $1200.00...
Please take a look and let me know what you think of this Knife,Thanks
Bruce
View

View

View

For lots more pictures please follow the link
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=743108&a=12525076&f=0

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

I just remembered that I have also included a piece of the chain and kick stand off from a old Harley Davidson in this billet also.
Bruce

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

Well that ruins it! There's no way I'm buying something with a piece of a Harley in it. Of course.... a knife WOULD be a better use of the steel.

[This message has been edited by the4th (edited 04-09-2001).]

Wow Bruce! That's the one you were telling me about
smile.gif
Cool stuff!
OK, how are ya gunna top that one
wink.gif

Keep it up man!
I remain, Ebbtide

Back