My Latest Small WE Folders

RamZar

Gold Member
My 4 new WE flippers with blade lengths of just under 3 inches:

• WE Knife Smooth Sentinel Titanium with Marble CF Inlays, 20CV, BL 2.97", WT 2.11 oz
  • WE Knife Elementum Blue Titanium, 20CV, BL 2.96", WT 3.31 oz
  • WE Knife Shakan Bronze Titanium, 20CV, BL 2.97", WT 2.63 oz
  • WE Knife Charith Blue, 20CV, BL 2.98", WT 2.66 oz

YnTTEYr.jpg

08Bxiel.jpg

cONAp1E.jpg

7nxBmm8.jpg

Here's a list of all my small WE folders with Blade Lengths of just under 3 inches to make them legal in those jusrisdictions. I try to get slim folders which are also light weight (< 3 oz) and preferably in M390/20CV. My introduction to WE slim folders were the Massdrop Ferrum Forge Gent S35VN folders made by WE and I have two of those in G-10 & CF.

1. Banter S35VN Black Blade (Blade Length: 2.9") Marble CF (Weight: 2.66 oz)
  2. Black Void Opus 20CV Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.84") Bronze Titanium CF (Weight: 2.75 oz)
  3. Charith 20CV Bead Blasted Blade (Blade Length: 2.98") Fragg Pattern Blue Titanium (Weight: 2.66 oz)
  4. Culex Black Stonewashed 20CV (Blade Length: 2.97") Black Stonewashed Titanium (Weight: 3.90 oz)
  5. Eidolon 20CV Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.86") Integral CF (Weight: 1.98 oz)
  6. Elementum 20CV Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.96") Blue Titanium (Weight: 3.31 oz)
  7. Gnar S35VN Satin Blade Bronze (Blade Length: 2.78") Bronze Titanium (Weight: 3.76 oz)
  8. Massdrop Gent S35VN Satin Blade (Blade Length: 2.97") Black CF (Weight: 2.70 oz)
  9. Massdrop Gent S35VN Satin Blade (Blade Length: 2.97") Black G-10 (Weight: 2.70 oz)
  10. Massdrop Gent S35VN Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.97") Carbon Fiber (Weight: 2.40 oz)
  11. Massdrop x Ferrum Forge Falcon S35VN Satin Blade (Blade Length: 2.9") Black G-10 (Weight: 3.6 oz)
  12. Mini Synergy 20CV Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.93") Integral Titanium (Weight: 3.32 oz)
  13. Pleroma M390 Satin Blade (Blade Length: 2.95") Integral Champagne Titanium CF (Weight: 2.61 oz)
  14. Rectifier S35VN Two-tone Black Blade (Blade Length: 2.95") Black G-10 (Weight: 2.75 oz)
  15. Rectifier S35VN Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.95") Black G-10 (Weight: 2.75 oz)
  16. Schism S35VN Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.92") Bronze Titanium (Weight: 2.26 oz)
  17. Shakan 20CV Bead Blasted Blade (Blade Length: 2.97") Bronze Titanium (Weight: 2.63 oz)
  18. Smooth Sentinel 20CV Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.97") Titanium CF (Weight: 2.11 oz)
  19. Vapor S35VN Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.95") Titanium CF (Weight: 2.68 oz)

Recently, I passed on a few suitable candidates with the right blade length and 20CV blade steel: Mini Malice, High-Fin, StarHawk and Culex because they’re wider and heavier than I like.

Last edited:
I also have two small CIVIVI budget folders (tremendous value for the money):

1. CIVIVI Bo Nitro-V Stonewashed Blade (Blade Length: 2.92") Blue/Black Carbon Fiber (Weight: 2.66 oz)
  2. CIVIVI NOx Nitro-V Satin Blade (Blade Length: 2.97") Stainless Steel (Weight: 3.09 oz)

My newest WE small folder is the WE Culex Flipper & Thumb Stud folder with a 2.97" Black Stonewashed 20CV blade and Black Stonewashed Titanium handles.

rcCuWm4.jpg

WAkMvRP.jpg

8VT6B0u.jpg

QOFeguw.jpg

My newest WE small folder is the WE Culex Flipper & Thumb Stud folder with a 2.97" Black Stonewashed 20CV blade and Black Stonewashed Titanium handles.

rcCuWm4.jpg

WAkMvRP.jpg

8VT6B0u.jpg

QOFeguw.jpg
Are you glad you revisited this one? I tend to like short but ergonomically breasty-handled knives, weight isn't a selling point but to an extent I don't mind more of it

Are you glad you revisited this one? I tend to like short but ergonomically breasty-handled knives, weight isn't a selling point but to an extent I don't mind more of it

I like it. The Gold accents go well with the Blackwashed Blade & Titanium. Nice button lock which smoothed out after a drop of oil.

It's definitely heavier than I like at 3.9 ounces. Also, the Black Stonewashing could've been done further to make it more worn.

I’ve tried and still have many front/top flippers but the only one I use is the superb WE Eidolon Carbon Fiber Integral Handle with a 2.86" 20CV Blade. It opens easily via the index finger and no flipper tab sticks out. The solid CF is incredibly nice and so are the pivot screws and slim deep pocket clip. Finally, it weighs just under 2 ounces. Top tier EDC!
weknife-eidolon-front-flipper-knife-carbon-fiber-integral-handle-378-cpm-20cv-blade-we19074a-c-500454_1100x.jpg

weknife-eidolon-front-flipper-knife-carbon-fiber-integral-handle-378-cpm-20cv-blade-we19074a-c-444347_1100x.jpg

weknife-eidolon-front-flipper-knife-carbon-fiber-integral-handle-378-cpm-20cv-blade-we19074a-c-129090_1100x.jpg

which of the We small flippers do you like the best? I'm eying the Elementum or the Eidolon for EDC

I like them as slim and light as possible. Eidolon is my first choice but front flippers are not for everyone. WE Elementum is on the heavier side. I like WE Eidolon CF and Schism (thumb studs opening) most. Smooth Sentinel and Charith are also very slim & light and both are normal side flippers.

Last edited:
I still haven't tried the Charith but I really like the Smooth Sentinel.

Charith, Eidolon, Smooth Sentinel and Schism are the slimmest and lightest (images in that order at the bottom of this post). They're the only ones I carry. Smooth Sentinel now comes in many varieties.

Charith comes in either Fragg Pattern or Ripple Pattern. They're Limited Edition so grab one while you can at a good price.

weknife-charith-flipper-knife-titanium-handle-298-cpm-20cv-blade-we20056b-1-709192_600x.jpg

weknife-eidolon-front-flipper-knife-carbon-fiber-integral-handle-378-cpm-20cv-blade-we19074a-c-500454_600x.jpg

weknife-smooth-sentinel-flipper-knife-titanium-handle-with-marble-carbon-fiber-inlay-297-cpm-20cv-blade-we20043-1-761774_600x.jpg

weknife-schism-thumb-stud-knife-titanium-handle-292-cpm-s35vn-blade-908a-483425_600x.jpg

Last edited:
God I love the Schism! Is that one an in-house design? For some reason I want to attribute it to Elijah Isham but I know I'm wrong on that.

Also, don't discount Civivi's small knives! I can't believe this model managed to get discontinued, I really believe it could have been their equivalent to things like the PM2 and the Bugout, just an ideal example of its kind of design that's built to perform and perform and perform at a great price.

God I love the Schism! Is that one an in-house design? For some reason I want to attribute it to Elijah Isham but I know I'm wrong on that.

Also, don't discount Civivi's small knives! I can't believe this model managed to get discontinued, I really believe it could have been their equivalent to things like the PM2 and the Bugout, just an ideal example of its kind of design that's built to perform and perform and perform at a great price.

Schism is a WE in-house design. Part of its attraction is the Wharncliffe blade but it’s also very light and slim. It has been discontinued but WE currently sells it for $181.56.

Civivi does have some great folders at great prices. I have two of them and both are with Nitro-V steel: NOx & Bo.

There’s a page on the WE Knife website for such discontinued Summer Clearances at 32% off MSRP.

Back