My leather works

Show must go on.:) I love hats, australian first of all, Jacaru and Akubra are very beautiful and useful for any occasions. But I wanted to make something in defferent style. Then I found a steampunk hats.:D But I've been planing to make a hat that i could wear every day or a weekends not only for festival. I liked Marlow and Bromley simple, austere and practical, so i took general design from Marlow and brass buckle on a band from Bromley. It's my first leather hat that i made and somewere i could make some mistakes but i very glad to the result. I used cow hide about 5-6 oz, solid brass buckle and twill for lining. Crown about 4 inches, brim 2 inches

And some pics in process

Last edited:
Have a good day to everyone! Just completed my shoulder bag for daily carrying. Veg tanned leather 8-9 oz. Brass hardware. This is the bigest carving i've ever made in one project. Antique stain and Balm atom wax as finish. And I planing to use mixture bee wax with oil for conditioning, periodically.

Beautiful craftsmanship on both the belts and the sheaths (and the other items too). Very nice.

Sweet bag, my friend.

Makes me want to expand my leatherworking, even though I'm just starting with making sheaths for my Damascus knives I'm just starting to get into....not enough hours in the day or days in the week, I think

Out of curiosity, how long did the bag take to make?
About one and a half month, for me. I think it depends on maker and if you have all the materials. I've got time for leather only in the evening-night, after main work sometimes on the weekends.

Hi everyone! Decided to continue this my old thread to posting some pics of my leatherworking.
At the end of last year I saw the great movie "Aeronauts" and very loved it, reviewed it twice after. So, this movie inspired me to build a belt like Amelia Wren had wore. 60 mm width the main part and 40 mm brass buckles.

Last edited:
Great movie. I was a nervous wreck during the entire film, but loved every minute of it. Wonderful recreation of her belt.

Yeah! Felt the same thing, especially when they went above 7000 m and during the landing. I like the characters and their ideas to explore unknown.
Thanks!

Show must go on.:) I love hats, australian first of all, Jacaru and Akubra are very beautiful and useful for any occasions. But I wanted to make something in defferent style. Then I found a steampunk hats.:D But I've been planing to make a hat that i could wear every day or a weekends not only for festival. I liked Marlow and Bromley simple, austere and practical, so i took general design from Marlow and brass buckle on a band from Bromley. It's my first leather hat that i made and somewere i could make some mistakes but i very glad to the result. I used cow hide about 5-6 oz, solid brass buckle and twill for lining. Crown about 4 inches, brim 2 inches

And some pics in process

If you ever make one of these for sale, let me know. I’d rock that! :thumbsup:

Back