My Lil' Temperance.

Good Day to all in Spydie land.

Just when I was giving up on folding knives.....

Just when I thought......

Aw heck, I will spare you all that sass and get to down to the soul of it.

I heart my new Temperance.

But seriously......

This knife is so well thought out, I am still on cloud nine considering how well it is designed.

The thumb placement while holding it laterally.

The grip change features.

The ease of operation of the lock.

The firm clip.

A four screw clip.

The large thumb hole.

The either end clip.

A clip that screws into the liner, not G-10.

G-10 scales.

Colored G-10 scales.

The way the it begs to be used in saber.

For the sake of brevity, I will stop there, but, if you have the oppurtunity, give the Temperance a grip.

Sal, I have said it before.... Never go away.

Oh yeah, and I got email asking which Temperance I was talking about, so I thought I would borrow this image from another thread. But, before you judge this knife by this image..... While this image is a very good image of the Temperance, it cannot even come close to imparting an understanding of the amazing features of this knife.

attachment.php

Perhaps it doesn't "even come close to imparting an understanding of the amazing features of this knife." But it was enough to convince me to search one, a leafpoint version, out and to buy it at the first opportunity. As I have said before, several times, I love it!

Fuller.

No knock on the image.

I have kept that page opened on my computer day after day, for weeks, contemplating the Lil' Temperance.

It's a darn good image, but this knife is so amazing.

Hi,

looking at the second picture (where the Lil' Temperance is half-closed) it seems to me that in case of lock failure one's finger would be seriously cut. Or, maybe, there is a ricasso (hidden in the handle) which prevents that it happens. I have never had the Lil' in my hands and I would appreciate very much your opinions. Personally, I prefer knives with ricasso or choil construction such as in a case of the Spydie-Native, for obvious reasons.

Regards,

Franco

That IS a nice folder, but I think that I'll stick with my Chinook... (For right now, anyway...:D).

...Now, if only Spyderco would make ALL of their folders MORE "Lefty-friendly"...(With user-changeable pocket-clips, like what the Native has!).

Originally posted by Franco G
looking at the second picture (where the Lil' Temperance is half-closed) it seems to me that in case of lock failure one's finger would be seriously cut.

IF the lock failed. The compression lock is one of the strongest locks on the market. I'd definitely trust it in any situation, but you do have a valid point. By design, there isn't much of a kick on that blade. If the fingers weren't right up against the handguard, the edge would go right to the bone with ease, again, IF the lock failed.

Franco, there is a squared off shank of the blade that stays hidden by the scales when the blade is locked open. In the extremely rare case that a Compression Lock should fail, if your figer was right up against the front guard, it would be against the squared-off portion and you would feel that begin to give first. I have a difficult time imagining how you could get your finger cut under those circumstances.

Back