My little 5160 Ontario collection

Just 3 knives right now. I’ve bought a sold a few over the years, wish I kept them all.

k7SRPA4.jpg

Just 3 knives right now. I’ve bought a sold a few over the years, wish I kept them all.

k7SRPA4.jpg
Those look nicely used. I got 4 SP-51s, two active duty, one for reserve in bug out bag, other for car with the car SP-53.

My 5160 RD6s I gave away all served to get friends and family out of some sort of problem in the wilderhood, so they could get back the warm glow of the computer screen and their Doritos. All have a never sell mentality when it comes to their car/pack/putingeneralpurpusegointowilderhoodpack knife.

I enjoy these knives a lot too. I have quite a few SP models, but never grabbed a RD version.

They are working tools, and I really like the rubber handles.

I love the SP line too. I’ve been looking for years for a sp50 and the Ontario woodsman

There is the 420 SS Woodsman. Its tough enough and can food prep in the field. I gave a few to relatives who usually keep them in the kitchen duty as well. My "Evil" Step Mother (hey its tradition to call them evil! We must maintain traditions!) steals the one I gave my dad every large critter cutting season. (if your PC and offended by Large Critter Cutting Season, then I'll call it the cute Wilber and Babe and cute fluffy wuffy fuzzy sheep fuzzy sheep slaughter fest and vivisection butchery season.)

For its cost you can probably get a "Better Knife". But I got them for sheer versatility and I love the FULL SOLID TANG of it. I usually don't like FFG blades, but the full tang and the FFG I use it for and the "Evil Step" mother during cute Wilber and Babe and cute fluffy wuffy fuzzy sheep slaughter fest and vivisection butchery season for its durability and and cutting up ute Wilber and Babe and cute fluffy wuffy fuzzy sheep. Oh and meat cutting and trimming as well.

5160 Woodsman is golden. No one is getting their hands on mine!

I got a Ontario Falcon from a member here some years ago. The only drawback it has is a very short handle but I did a little tweeking on it and made it more comfortable. But the steel is pretty damn good for taking and keeping a great sharp edge.

I've got an RD7 (used), and an NS9 (unused). I may have pics on imgur; but it will be easier to take pics in the morning.

Back