Test ad

My most used SAK tool, what's yours

Although the can opener has seen a lot more use than I would have expected, I'd say the large blade on this one...

14914889078_e2cecfe441.jpg

The bottle opener and the small pruner blade on my Rancher .
I can open a bottle with just about anything , but the ritual of getting out my SAK has become a treasured part of a bottle of Beer .
I wish they made a true Sheepsfoot blade like the Electrician's but without the curved cutout piece .
I would be in raptures if they did that , but until then the Pruner blade is as close as I can find , but its not ideal :)

Ken

In ALOX the awl is most used; in a standard SAK the pen blade is most used. The awl in an Alox will due most of the things a pen blade can do and some a pen blade can't.

Scissors, toothpick, large blade, and the magnifying glass. Can't forget the file on my ones that have them.

I have used almost every tool on my Vic Classic SD many, many times. The only tool that I never used is the nail file.

Last edited:
Has to be the main blade and awl on my Bushcrafter but the nail file on the Cadet sees a lot of action.

In order from most used to least used:

1) the large flathead screwdriver
2) the bottlecap opener
3) the small blade
4) the awl
5) the saw / large blade
6) the small flathead/phillips screwdriver / can opener

Last edited:
I've had my Pioneer for quite a while now and I find by far it's the blade and the awl that I use the most .

P1070560_zps07759d5b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No matter what SAK I used, the small blade was always the most useful tool to me. These days I wouldn't even consider carrying a SAK that doesn't have the small blade.

Cadet - nail cleaner by far because as a plumber sometimes I don't want to know what builds up under them nails. :eek:

The blades + the flathead screwdriver with the bottlecap opener + the small flathead screwdriver with the can opener are the most useful to me. Right now the Recruit + Classic SD combo is an essential part of my EDC.

Last edited:
At first a presumed the awl would be a waste of space. Instead it's become a must have tool. I find the awl and scissors (I already EDC scissors on my Style PS) to be the most used tools.

Bottle opener and big flathead screwdriver combo tool are a very close second.

I've rarely ever needed the can opener. But when I have? It was so worth having!

The corkscrew was something I thought I had to have. I don't use it often enough to justify it. Especially since I learned the "knife trick". This is opening up the world of Alox for me. I'm getting a Pioneer ASAP. So it looks like my daughter will be inheriting my Tourist.

The one tool I still don't get and would rather see replaced with ANY tool is the Parcel Hook.
Not a big fan of the saw either.

The one tool I still don't get and would rather see replaced with ANY tool is the Parcel Hook.

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Hook

The Hook is sometimes referred to as the Parcel Carrier, since this in one common use. You might have to be a little inventive to think of using this tool, but it can be a very effective tool. It is rated for use up to 200lbs.

Common Uses
-Carrier/Handle (Parcel, Shopping Bag, Bucket)
-Puller (Tarp, ))Tent-Peg((, Wire, Racked Computer, tin-opener)
-Rope/Lace tightener