1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new custom leather

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Sonnydaze, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I was getting some custom work done on a SurviveKnife GSO 2.7 and figured it deserved to have the very best leather available.
    So...obviously...I called Dave Ferry at Horsewright Leather and Tack.
    Dave is a custom knife-maker (fixed blades in various styles) as well as leather holsters and "all" leather needed for a working ranch and cowboys...(and cowgirls). Dave has various types and styles of leather sheathes to fit all tastes, and will happily build to suit what makes you smile.
    His fixed blades are a myriad of grip materials and styles...something for everybody around the ranch. I've owned one of his fixed blades...with sterling silver bolster and silver pommel...a real masterpiece.
    Once Dave had my knife in hand, he hand-tooled a custom design for the leather sheath and, while he was at it, he custom designed a matching leather belt.
    I've worn the belt and sheath for about one month now, and am totally happy with it. I do NOT expect to ever replace the belt...unless I get too fat. The cross-draw sheath holds my knife perfectly...and instantly available at hand.
    Check out Dave's line of knives and leather on the following link and prepare to be amazed by the variety, skill and beauty of his work. Actually, he has much of his family involved also, as it takes a lot of work and cooperation to run a working ranch...and then to find enough time to work on his custom knives and leather projects. See his link and prepare to be amazed...
    http://www.horsewrightclothing.com/

Belt Rig.jpg Belt Rig2.jpg Belt Rig3.jpg Belt Rig4.jpg Belt Rig5.jpg Belt Rig7.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. just-a-hunter

just-a-hunter KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 5, 2015
    That is some beautiful work.

Todd

3. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks guys!

4. High Standard

High Standard

Mar 23, 2017
    That's a great rig. That should last you a lifetime. Dave does top notch work.