My new knife from Dan Koster

I just got a new knife from Dan, it's his K-TUSK knife. I got the Afzelia Burl handle, although he had other materials available, but this one just spoke to me. The OAL is ~7", blade is 3". Dan said it's made of 5/32" O-1 tool steel, hardened to around 60-61. It also has brass corby bolts with a red liner. Pretty darn nice. It feels really good in my hand and the ergonomics are perfect. It's like Dan made a mold of my hand. This is the 3rd knife I've gotten from Dan and it's my favorite by far.;) :thumbup:

I'm working on improving my knife photo skills so let me know what I can improve on. (Really, I need to know)

K_TUSK_2.jpg

It also comes with a kydex sheath that I may replace with leather. Not a huge kydex fan.

Thanks for looking!

wow!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
beautiful beautiful pics ted... knife photo skills?!?!?! you got plenty :thumbup: :D
thanks for sharing :thumbup:

ps... when are you gonna come over and take pics of my knives ted :)

Ted,
Pics are very nice. My only recommendation would be to send me the knife and let me use it in the field for a while. I'll take some pics and compare them to yours. I may need to keep the knife for a while until I can find any photo technique to recommend.
DanR

hmmm, let me think about it.:yawn:

Yeah, that would be - "No":D

I like it WAAAAAAY to much to let it go. It may not find it's way home.

and we spent all that time on the edc khuk...dan just pretty much spanked that whole thread. very nice.

Nice. There's nothing like a tool that fits the owner perfectly.

munk

Man that looks sweet. If I have to be completely critical of the pics I'd point out the glare on the metal surfaces in two of the three. But its not bad enough that I wouldn't say they were AWESOME pics. Great stuff.

Thanks Andy. I can see detail in the shiny area on my computer, but I see what you mean by the 3rd picture having better detail.

Dang...I think you captured the burl better than I did!

Great pics!
(like the background too)

:thumbup:

Ted, that one "spoke" to me as well. I filed the pic away for future reference, but just couldn't swing it right now with Christmas. That is a beautiful knife and I hope to get one like it some day from Dan. He also had one in orange, which I am usually not a big fan of, but on this model it looked really good.

Thanks for the great pics.

Norm

Worthy of a Blade Magazine centerfold. ;-)

That burled wood is something else. I'd definitely try to find a more organic sheath to match. Kydex is mighty practical, but not so aesthetically pleasing.

There are some good leather sheathmakers you could contact:

Sandy Morrisey
Kenny Rowe
Dwayne Puckett (leatherman)
Paul Long

Sorry I don't have better contact info...if you need it, let me know. I do think it would look great in leather...maybe with some kangaroo or ostrich inlay? :eek:

It's tough trying to find afzelia burl of this quality...believe me...I'm trying desperately.

There are some good leather sheathmakers you could contact:

Sandy Morrisey
Kenny Rowe
Dwayne Puckett (leatherman)
Paul Long

Sorry I don't have better contact info...if you need it, let me know. I do think it would look great in leather...maybe with some kangaroo or ostrich inlay? :eek:

It's tough trying to find afzelia burl of this quality...believe me...I'm trying desperately.

Thanks Dan,

I'm familiar with Dwayne obviously, but I'm thinking I will have Leatherface(Dave) make one for me.

At least TED remembered me!!!!

I mean GRRR how can anyone forget me?? :(

Course being mentioned in that group would have gotten Dan a hug!!!

but I digress...

again nice pics!!!

poor-baby-785975.jpg

Sorry Dave....:(

:D :eek: :p

You had already responded to this thread...we all know you do leather, bro. :thumbup:

hehahahahahaaaaaa

yuppers bro!!

Sweet blade...Any tactical Dankura's in the future?? Will Tool for blades!!!! :)

none in the near future, bro....:(

Back to work!

:D

Back