My new LEK, some quick shots

I wasn't able to play with it too much, but I grabbed some quick pics. Nick you rocked another one my friend! The antiqued finish with the burlap micarta just looks so amazing together. And that matching firesteel handle is shaped so perfectly.

Here's the whole enchilada with Nick's amazing sheathwork
DSC01173.jpg

The Dynamic Duo
DSC01175.jpg

Here's the extended tang and a slight swell at the butt that makes the handle extra comfy
DSC01182.jpg

It's cloudy today so it was hard to get good shots. I love the blued finish
DSC01181.jpg

Artsy shot :D
DSC01180.jpg

Here it is in between the sierra scout and my original TK
DSC01171.jpg

There's supposed to be thunderstorms coming in to drop buckets on us this weekend, but hopefully I can get out and use it more. Really awesome knife, but if you own an NWA, you already know that!

Thanks T, I'm glad you like it. As always, you take some nice pics even under not so great conditions.

Thanks again
Nick:)

Man! That looks great! Another winner :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'm liking the more pronounced drop-point.

Thanks again guys. This pattern is quite usefull. A number of people have ordered this same pattern as well, and I thank them too.
I had intended to make a number of these and post them for sale, but time has gotten away from me, and I still don't have them done. I'll get em finished up soon.

I really like the dropped point a lot. Puts the point in line with the center of the knife, which is great for wood work. Still waiting for the weather to cooperate and get some in use pics of it.

Was doing some indoors play with it. Even being 3/16ths thick, the excellent flat grind and edge geometry let me push cut through a 900 page phone book. I didn't even have to push that hard! i thought that was pretty dang cool.
DSC01190.jpg

what a great knife!:D

The whole package is sweet!:thumbup:

Great pic T. That's a pretty darn thick phone book too:eek:

Todd, you make some great handle material man. Thanks for posting:thumbup:

It was a fun test. We never use phone books anymore, but they continue to deliver them. I'll just have to cut them up :)

fod you're burlap is really cool. I never stray from regular Micarta, but this handle material is great. Hope to get more blades made from it.

Great pic T. That's a pretty darn thick phone book too:eek:

Todd, you make some great handle material man. Thanks for posting:thumbup:

Thanks Nick! My pleasure. :thumbup:

I really enjoy getting feedback from makers.:)

Did you get a chance to use that black and tan block yet? I am anxious to see it on a knife.

It was a fun test. We never use phone books anymore, but they continue to deliver them. I'll just have to cut them up :)

fod you're burlap is really cool. I never stray from regular Micarta, but this handle material is great. Hope to get more blades made from it.

Thanks! I hope to see more burlap in your hands as well as many other peoples hands :thumbup:

It is cool stuff, if I do say so myself!

Hell yeah, like Bass and Guiness! Can't go wrong with black and tan.

Back