1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My new throwing toys :D

Discussion in 'Throwing Knives & Knife Throwing' started by idaho, Mar 27, 2014.

1. idaho

idaho

May 5, 2005
    I asked a friend to make me some throwing knives after my designs.

Knives are made from carbon steel, covered with white zinc.
    They have no sharp edges or points.
    Very fun and safe to play with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some are for no-spin, some are universal, and the long one are competition grade.

2. Erlkonig

Erlkonig

Mar 8, 2000
    Flyingsteel?

3. idaho

idaho

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, most no-spin knives will look alike.

4. Bobby Branton

Bobby Branton Moderator Moderator Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 12, 1998
    That is what they look like to me.

5. idaho

idaho

May 5, 2005
    All of them, or the last ones?

6. Bobby Branton

Dec 12, 1998
    The last ones look like the Flying steel knives and the little guy in the middle of the top pic looks like my model # 8 that I started making back in the 90's

Attached Files:

7. idaho

idaho

May 5, 2005
    Couldn't agree more. It is hard to make a diamond shaped throwing knife that looks different. :D

I've drawn a hourglass shape - looked like Bob Karp
    I've drawn a bowie knife - looked like Mike Alamo Bainton
    Large Diamond head - Jeff Koch
    "Gladius" shape - I couldn't list all makers.

There is only one solution

Just a straight piece of steel with a point :D Nobody made this shape before, right? :)

8. Bobby Branton

Dec 12, 1998
    As long as you give the designer credit or mention the inspiration. It is common courtesy. You did say you designed them ;-) Yes, it is very hard to design any type of knife because a lot of the older designs are not around anymore, but when someone like Flying Steel is still trying to market those designs, it does not look good. The diamond head straight handle knife has been around in different variations for years.