My next Survie!

My first Surivive! was a 6, that was almost 2 years ago. I now own the entire line and I have several 3.5s, 4.1s, 5.1s and Necker 2s. However I tend to gravitate to the 4.1 and the 5.1 the most. I just depends on if you like a finger coil or not. Regardless you should consider the 4.1 as suggested above. The price is unbeatable and you might find, like I did, that you'll use it more than any other knife. Or see how you like the 5 and take it from there.

Do you have a family pic in the pic thread? If not, I'd love to see 'em!

Small world Hard Knocks - Klawock is where I'm headed. Perhaps I'll have some pics to post with my 5.0 in the wilds of Prince of Wales island?

Ha ha that is awesome. Noone EVER knows where Klawock is! I can still see the dog salmon skipping across the bay in my mind's eye. You're going to have a great time. End of July, hmmm.....might be some sockeye in, too.

If you go down to the bridge where they're snagging salmon (if they are still allowing that there) at the mouth of the river, man, in all seriousness, watch out. Someone will smack you with a snag hook if you're not careful. First day in town, I was fishing off the bridge and one of the natives hit me with a weighted snag hook. Half an inch lower and I wouldn't have a left eye. I still have the scar in my eyebrow from it. As a kid, all I could think of was (once I got my wits back) man I've got to get this cleaned up before my mother sees it or she is going to freak and not let me back down here, ha! Careful of the black bear, too, they're everywhere.

OBX351 said:
I'll take one and post it here.

I'd like to see that family shot as well.

Last edited:
First day of fishing out of Fireweed Lodge 2014 - Klawock, AK.

Just around the corner where the bridge is located. No fishing from the bridge now - times have changed.:mad:

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 23
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 18
BTW - I ordered a 4.1... still waiting for my 5.0 2nd. Pics to follow

First day of fishing out of Fireweed Lodge 2014 - Klawock, AK.

Just around the corner where the bridge is located. No fishing from the bridge now - times have changed.:mad:

That's a nice bunch of fish and a beautiful shot of the bay :thumbup: Hate to hear about the change with the bridge. For some reason it doesn't surprise me, probably too much fun being had :) Still, kinda sad, makes me feel old somehow...

Lol, yeah, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, ha!

And to contribute to the thread, my next will be a 4.7..............unless something I can't turn down hits the exchange first :D

Lol, yeah, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, ha!

And to contribute to the thread, my next will be a 4.7..............unless something I can't turn down hits the exchange first :D

Stop it! You're killing me - I'm still (patiently) waiting for my orders to be fulfilled:(.

Back