My Only 2 Slip Joints - Case & Gilles

Architect

Gold Member
I picked up this Case Stag Wharncliff Whittler because the new Seahorse Whittler caught my eye (blade shape) but I have never liked the Tru-Sharp steel. Fit and finish are really very good. This one has the split backspring, and after cycling it a couple of hundred times, is starting to get a nice feel to it.

I still carry it on my weak side, and keep a one-hand folder in my other pocket at all times.

The Gilles knife is from the Fontenille-Pataud website. The Corsican Vendetta is handmade "benchmade". Steel is 12C27, flat ground, satin finish. Blade length is 3.75 inches and cutting edge is 3.5 inches.

Wood is "letterwood" as they call it or Amourette (referred to in the States as Snakewood.

Fit of all elements is excellent. Finish of the wood is perfect. Finish on the stainless bolsters is uneven. File work on the backspring is nice and the thumbrest at the front of the spring make accidental closure very unlikely.

A true "tactical" slip joint.

Attachments

• corse1.jpg
    corse1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 136
Personally I think those are great choices. I have a soft spot for the classics (especially the whittlers) since they were the first high quality slipjoints to reappear in the early 90's along with Winchester.

Giles makes some great knives and I am lucky to call him a friend.

Great choices!

Back