My opinion of the spyderench

I got my spyderench about a week ago and after waiting this long to get it, I was slightly dissapointed. Their basic idea is awesome. I have waited for a good tool that had a adjustable wrench for a long time. I had a Alied model for several years and fell in love with the concept. The spyderench is a new tool, and I am sure they will modify it as time goes on. Their knife is in a good spot that is protected,and yet can be deployed easily with one hand. The top lock seems to work good, and I can close it with one hand. The pocket clip is good and I have never had a problem with it slipping up my pocket. The consept of storing the extra bits in the handle is a good use of otherwise wasted space. The pliars don't hurt your hand and lock shut very well. They don't open as wide as I would llike them to and I will definitely still cary my leatherman. The consept of a slip joint pliars is great, but if you open the jaws too wide, they will slip out of joint, making it hard to grab something big and squeez it down. The file (screwdriver bit) is fine, but is in a bad place. It is on the outside edge of the tool which makes it atract any dirt or grime that is in your hand or pocket. Mine is already turning dark. My biggest dissapointment was the adjustable wrench. I know that it isn't supposed to replace the end-wrench, but it has way too much play. It will tighten a bolt tighter than you can by hand, but if you try to snug it (ie- the battery clamp on your car) it will jump the screw. My opinion is that they need to give the wrench more surface area on the adjustment screw, and have tighter clearence. I was expecting a tool that was precision made by a top quality knife manufacturer, but the wrench has as much play as a 99 cent crescent wrench. This probably won't become the standard multitool, but it has a lot of potential. Everything else is perfect, and I am looking forward to seing what modifications they make to their next batch. I would appreciate any replies telling my if anyone else had simular experiences, or I am way off.

------------------
It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels he is worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.

August 14, 1862 Abraham Lincon

AE - Sorry for the disappointment in the Adjustable wrench. Yours doesn't sound right though. We had a few that were off tolerance on the wrench part and were sloppy (would slip teeth). We didn't think that any got out. If you would contact Angela, I sure we can fix you right up with one that is tight & proper..

sal

My apologies as I am new to the forum. How do I contact Angela?

------------------
It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels he is worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him.

August 14, 1862 Abraham Lincon

Back