My Personal Knives

JK Knives

I thought I would show a few pictures of my personal knives.

Combat and Tanto

Early Worker, "Egg", and Linerlock

Kane and Personal Camp

Two very special knives. The Pocket Kephart is a very early one that I sold to my good friend James Babcock (udtjim). When James passed away, his Son, Rob Babcock sent it to me in remembrance of his Dad.

The other one of only two hollow ground knives I ever made, I made it on a 6" bench grinder. The handles are walnut from a tree on my ex father in laws farm that was well over 100 years old. My daughter has the other one.

Last edited:
The Personal Camp Knife is a great looking knife. I've been trying to simplify my belongings but every pic I see makes me think I need one. Don't remember seeing the "Egg" before.

The "Egg" is one I made for myself. I've always been intrigued by the old OSS Lapel Daggers, this is my modern interpretation of one of those.

Thanks for sharing these John. It’s interesting to see the keepers from over the years. Is there a reason hollow grind didn’t catch on for you?

What do you think is the longest blade length you could make a Personal Camp Knife with? I know I don't need one but it seems pics keep showing up and the idea keeps gnawing at my mind.

Go to post #1546 in the Picture Thread and check out the Muddy Camp. I could go 6" or 7" blade. The MC has a slightly taller blade than the PC, which you would need with a longer blade to make it look balanced. It could still have the PC shaped handles if preferred.

I like it but right now the bank account is recovering from Dec....... hope I can place an order in the spring.

Last edited:
good idea for a post. i often wonder about the knives a knifemaker uses himself. thanks!

like that personal camp knife....

Back