1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My poor baby...

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by spketch, Feb 27, 2011.

1. spketch

spketch

Jan 28, 2011
    I've been carrying a leatherman new wave on my belt for a while now, never had any problems until a few days ago. I was at work and reached back to grab it for a torx driver, and it was gone! I looked everywhere several times over but it was nowhere to be found. "Ok ok I thought, it will turn up somewhere, no big deal."

The next day I was out in the parking lot and found this on the ground:

[​IMG]

What really sucks is I have found full wallets out there on four occasions and always return them as they were, and sombody snatched my broken leatherman right up. Thats what I get for being a nice guy...

Maybe I can send it in for an 'everything but the blade' replacement service...

As a side note, its clear that the tool hit the ground at the point of fracture on the completely exposed blade. I doubt it would have broken on a different model.

2. 5.56

Sep 27, 2008
    Sorry to hear that

[youtube]S-Xrlf3taEo[/youtube]

:D

3. Dantor

Dantor

Dec 14, 2006
    man that sucks! and to find it (parts) in pieces like that really would upset me!

sure it happened in the fall and not on purpose? (as in vandalism)

I'd be upset (either way) hopefully a new tool will make you feel better ;)

4. bigrob911

bigrob911

Jul 13, 2009
    You have my sympothy.

5. styx

styx

Apr 21, 2010
    Damn man that really sucks. Sorry to hear this

6. zyhano

zyhano

Dec 3, 2009
    that my friend, would make a pretty good shank..
    :)

s*x that you lost it man...

7. spketch

spketch

Jan 28, 2011
    Thanks for the sympathy guys. I think I would rather have it disappear completely than this, at least I could hope to find it someday... I'm sure its mine too, shaving sharp. ;-)

My first thought was that someone broke the blade intentionally but it would have been too tough and dangerous to do without tools.

As soon as I showed my brother he said I should make it into a shank and cut out a slot in the sole of my shoe for it!

My new ffg delica has me feeling a lot better, may the leatherman rest in peace.

8. Pygmalion

Pygmalion

Oct 7, 2007
    I have found that the sweetness of the gratification when you give a lost item back to its owner far outweighs whatever payoff you might receive in keeping it. His loss.