Magfire Fire Steel
Inova X5 LED
DMT wallet sharpener

Items not shown and too hard to dig out

10 foot Brass wire
10 foot braided nylon cord
chunk of fatwood
Steel Wool tinder bundle

When I go for hikes, or camping,, this kit is always with me...

ttyle

Eric
O/ST

Now that you've raised the subject of braiding cord (in order to convert a great length of thin cordage into a manageable volume), what is your recommended method of braiding the cord so as to preserve the length? I.e., you don't want to turn your 30' cord into 3 10' strands in order to braid it; rather, I imagine the best technique leaves the 30' cord intact. Also, I imagine that a braiding method that can be fairly-easily undone is desirable. Any pointers for this braiding novice? Also helpful, I think, would be how to estimate the final length based on original length of cord and the type of braiding used.

Hey Guys..

Skunk..

Thanks

JD...

Sorry I didn't mean I braided the cord...

It is actually thin,, but Very strong braided decoy anchor line..
Sorry for the confusion..

ttyle

Eric
O/ST

Hey Guys...

Mike...

Yaa I really like the Niteize pouches..

The one on the left has some Serious miles on it, and is almost 7 years old...Velcro still holds and everything..Haven't worn any holes through it,, and it gets tossed around alot...

As I'm growing out of this one i'm going to replace it with the larger niteIze pouch that I asked them to make over 5 years ago..Finally someone listened over there..
There are a few other things I'd like to stuff in there, which can't be done with this one without removing something..
Mainly a FAK...

Fonly..

Yes I seen that ,and is what prompted me to post pictures of mine..Nice little setup you have there...

Looks like a good quality pouch, and thought out kit....

ttyle

Eric
O/ST

ROTJD, here's one way of braiding cord to keep the entire length:

http://www.geocities.com/roo_two/ropestorage.html

I've used this with 100 ft extension cords. Once you've braided it like this, you can ball it up and stuff it anywhere, it will not get tangled. It all comes apart very easily, just undo one end and pull it.

Normark, nice kit, where did you find those Pock-Its bags?

Nice kits Eric! Looks like the one I took to Alaska a couple of years ago. Very handy to have on your belt when hiking around. Well thought out. I too like the Nite-Ize stuff. It is mostly reasonably priced and very available.

Back