My rendition of a Doc Holliday pearl handled gamblers knife

Nothing historically accurate in any way shape or form, but just a companion blade to another rendition I made a month ago or so in a Doc Holliday pearl handled revolver. This winter has been long and crummy (as usual) so I got on a Doc H kick after watching too many of my old dvd westerns. I first modded up a pearl handled revolver that at least looks a bit like his reported 1877 pearl handled Colt Lightning, and it just seemed boring without a companion blade.

So I picked up a recent manufactured Schrade Old Timer Boot/Belt knife, and replaced the hollow plastic grips with some Kirinite white pearl ones using material I had left over from the revolver grips mod. Just some fun pieces to toss an old loosely replica reference to.
I made a (picture gallery) video of it below.

vhyEkqi.jpg

vhyEkqi.jpg

Amazon Prime has a decent documentary on him, I haven't watched it yet but my sister in law has and she said it was good so I'll catch this p.m. That is a nicely done knife too!! Great work on the handles. keepem sharp

PS like the revolver too

I like both but especially the boot knife. It's very classy ! You know, of course, you emulated in some way the Ka-bar / Khyber boot dagger. Cool design, too. I'm currently working (lazily, on paper) to produce an offspring of sorts, in a different style. I hope it comes to fruition. It should be as cutty as stabby.

Nothing historically accurate in any way shape or form, but just a companion blade to another rendition I made a month ago or so in a Doc Holliday pearl handled revolver. This winter has been long and crummy (as usual) so I got on a Doc H kick after watching too many of my old dvd westerns. I first modded up a pearl handled revolver that at least looks a bit like his reported 1877 pearl handled Colt Lightning, and it just seemed boring without a companion blade.

So I picked up a recent manufactured Schrade Old Timer Boot/Belt knife, and replaced the hollow plastic grips with some Kirinite white pearl ones using material I had left over from the revolver grips mod. Just some fun pieces to toss an old loosely replica reference to.
I made a (picture gallery) video of it below.

vhyEkqi.jpg

vhyEkqi.jpg
Beautiful job.....

Back