My second folder! WooHoo

Just finished up my second folder. This time I went with a frame lock. The blade is satin finished S30V. The frame is Timascus. It also sports a titanium thumstud with MOP inlay. The standoffs and stop pin and all stainless steel. The blade is 3" and the open OAL is 7".

Since the entire frame is timascus, I wanted to try to keep a more mellow tone in the colors. I decided that I liked the deep blue light blue coloring. Any brighter and it might have looked like a bad acid trip:D.

So what do you think?

Attachments

• timacus framelock.jpg
    timacus framelock.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 247
It's no fair. First you stop taking orders then you introduce a folder that looks like that. NO FAIR.

Great looking knife and design. Congrats Ron.

Now that is Timascus I could live with. Most of what I have seen reminds me of things I used to see in the 60s (with a little help from chemistry).

I think this a great looking knife overall as well.

That is really a great looking folder to be your second. Was wondering how you like making folders compared to fixed blades? I still have the small, custom you made for me that goes on a keychain, it is probably my most used custom as it is used every day all year round.

Back