My Sharpmaker is different

My Sharpmaker is weird. I have two problems.

The first problem is that on the gray (medium) stones, there is one side of one of the stones that feels coarse, all of the other sides feel about the same as the fine (white) stones? I rubbed the stones together like Sal shows on the video, in fact, I have done that a lot, but it never makes any of the sides feel more coarse. Did I get defective stones? Can I do anything that will make my gray stones evenly coarse?

Second, my fine (white) stones have some nicks on the edges that my knife blades catch on. Did I get ripped off?

Frag - You shouldn't have nicks in the white stones on the edges. Not sure of the "coarser side" of the gray stone. I guess we "ripped you off?" Certainly not intentional though. Please contact customer service at Spyderco (1-800-525-7770) and give us the opportunity to fix.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

sal

Sal,

Thanks for responding to my questions. I will contact customer service. Spyderco's impeccable customer service is one of the many reasons that I love your products so much and continue to buy them! No apology necessary, and thanks for the help!

Back