1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My Sharpmaker is different

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Frag, May 1, 2000.

1. Frag

Frag

Oct 26, 1999
    My Sharpmaker is weird. I have two problems.

The first problem is that on the gray (medium) stones, there is one side of one of the stones that feels coarse, all of the other sides feel about the same as the fine (white) stones? I rubbed the stones together like Sal shows on the video, in fact, I have done that a lot, but it never makes any of the sides feel more coarse. Did I get defective stones? Can I do anything that will make my gray stones evenly coarse?

Second, my fine (white) stones have some nicks on the edges that my knife blades catch on. Did I get ripped off?

2. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Frag - You shouldn't have nicks in the white stones on the edges. Not sure of the "coarser side" of the gray stone. I guess we "ripped you off?" Certainly not intentional though. Please contact customer service at Spyderco (1-800-525-7770) and give us the opportunity to fix.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

sal

3. Frag

Frag

Oct 26, 1999
    Sal,

Thanks for responding to my questions. I will contact customer service. Spyderco's impeccable customer service is one of the many reasons that I love your products so much and continue to buy them! No apology necessary, and thanks for the help!