my sifu is messed up!!

AntDog

Gold Member
Anybody have Bob Brothers' email address and/or phone number? My sifu has a couple of problems. 1. The blade has never been centered between the liners. I tried Jim March's fix, but it didn't work for long. I think the blade may be bent?! 2. I noticed that it started developing vertical blade play. It got worse and worse until now the blade will close without disengaging the lock! In fact, I think maybe the lock never engages.

Could this be caused by a broken spring? When I open the blade and physically slide the lock mechanism forward, it locks open. But I don't want to have to manually engage the lock every time I want to use the knife! (It's too darned expensive to be a crkt kff!)

Anyway, what do you guys think I should do? Send it in for repair? I'm totally bummed out - before this happened the sifu was my absolute favorite knife. (and my main edc) The fascination wore off when I realized I could have been using it when the lock slipped the first time, and been short a couple of fingers!

Thanks in advance for the help. Oh, and I am in NO way bashing rekats, or the sifu. I have lots and love them all.

send it back - the email is brothers@plix.com- no phone # - seem to recall another guy had some probs like yours - have not had any with my SIFU yet, hopefully never - but em him and get his address, and send it in, they will fix it ;<))

SIFU

Thanks for the info. I sent him an email and he responded right away, telling me to send it to him. Very cool!

Back