My slippies

New member here - Hi! I've already posted pictures of my folding lockblades over in the general forum, but I figured I'd venture over to traditional to share my slipjoint knives. I know they're nothing special but they still have meaning

slips1du7.jpg

Here are all four together! Woohoo.

slips2be5.jpg

Here is my first knife... it's a Camillus BSA knife, that was actually my dad's! It's quite old and has seen better days. No real work gets done with this knife... it's more of a sentimental thing, obviously. The main blade is a little loose (and corroded) but the scales and brightwork are in remarkably good shape for a 60's era knife.

slips3rx6.jpg

Here is a close-up of the script on the blade as well as the BSA badge. Nice

slips4jb9.jpg

This was my first knife purchase and the first knife I really used... It's a Victorinox Explorer, if memory serves me right. This knife saw me through most of boy scouts, many a year ago! Today it serves duty as my "car SAK" - for fixing small problems or throwing at annoying passengers! Closed, of course.

slips5at9.jpg

The Explorer, closed.

slips6rl0.jpg

This was a gift to me a few years back... Again, if memory serves this one is called an Alox Solo. Very elegant slim single-blade slipjoint. You can tell it's had it's share of sharpening

slips7kj9.jpg

Solo, closed

slips8av2.jpg

Here's my current "do everything" SAK... this a Cybertool 34, and holy crap this is one useful instrument. Two blades, can and bottle openers, pliers, scissors, driver with four two-sided bits (some torx, hex, phillips, etc to pick from), plus a toothpick/tweezers/ballpoint pin/cork screw/straight pin/ probably stuff I've never noticed! This one travels in a leather carry case on my belt on the weekends, although its' a BIT bulky for EDC.

slips9su7.jpg

Here are all four of them...

slips10wl6.jpg

And here is the primary purpose of a good Swiss Army Knife!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my pictures. Back to drooling over the Case and Queens knives

Nice group of slipjoints you have there:thumbup:. I recently picked up a old Imperial Scout and Camillus Scout. Soon I'll have one of those silver alox guys too. I wish I could share some pics like you but my camera is a piece-o-cr@p.

Man...I could use a beer right now.

of all the beers in the world, that's my choice

I really like the Alox finish! It's just very classy for a knife, you know?

Still, the old Camillus style slippies have an appeal.

I have my dads old Camillus scout knife, not in as good of shape as yours though. I have the alox solo too, bough it as a kinda ruff use knife before I was as sure of Vic's, it cut tons of dry wall and most everything you can but maybe shouldn't cut with a knife..I like alox :D toughest slippies around IMO.

When I first got that Camillus, I had to run out and buy some beer just so I could use the bottle opener.

I like the Camillus Cub Scout.:thumbup:

That was the first knife I ever bought for myself back in 1977.

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice little group there, No b00st.

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully you'll find your time here rewarding, if not wallet draining. :cool: ;)

good solid start now take your wallet out and say "i'm sorry" cause your gonna be torturing it:D
Seriously all good knives there and ya cant go wrong with a Camillus :thumbup:
thanks for sharing the photos
ivan

thank you! My wallet is already mad at the kershaw leek i bought this week... LOVE it though.